Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Purling Brook - Sonnets

O purling brook! How many twists you took

Flowing through the green forest to the east

O beautiful damsel! how slender is your waist

How can a painter or a poet your beauty overlook

                      Purling brook










What do you carry reflecting God's beautiful taste

To poet's eyes you are a cute fan running in haste

In your run lies your beauty that by a rich poem traced

pictures fill the eyes but pictures by time's hand erased

O purling brook! How many twists you took

How many sharp rocks have kissed your waist

How many glens and ferns have you crossed 

O purling brook you have the gentle lamb's look

you are a shining jewel on the green forest cover

The rhythm of this poem your beauty gonna discover


 2. Strangers

Not all strangers bring us dangers

All Friends aren't plain but different trends 

Most friends have invisible bends 

in minds, don't have blind faith all friends

Many friends can't cross jealousy

you know that jealousy is dangerous sea

jealousy hinders friendship's flow 

that make your friend sick and low

Plain hearted friends are few

How can you say who is who

Not all strangers bring us dangers

fake friends are worse than beggars

Best friends are emperors add to heart's rhyme


  3.Tomorrow

Between our hearts there is a smooth thread

You heart can't feel it when your head is dead

why are you so cold like a desert night

You are not too old to love, love is always right 

Love makes life bright, love is life's right

Being loved is the beauty of life, stop the fight

When love commands life  sleep in love's lap

Love is not a trap embrace love without gap

Walk into brighter tomorrow holding his hand

If walk hand in hand time can't you command

 The path of love stretches long and thin  

 baulk not and go along you can life win


 4. Sleep 

O God of sleep hypnos! 

Sitting on broken branches of thoughts

why are you watching the buzzing flies

Listen to what aching heart exhorts

Watch how the betrayed heart's cries

My mind is high jacked by serious doubts

and hopes of heart are still early sprouts

My fears wander in unknown jungle routes 

and I stumble on my slumber in self disputes

O hypnos come and embrace me

please give me perfect sleep's key

A sudden chill caused dark impression

and pushed me into a terrible depression

O hypnos come and embrace me

please give me perfect sleep's key


5. Beauty of life

Black or white is not your sin

I don't hate the color of the skin

man or woman beauty lies within

that with beautiful thoughts begin

Figure without vigor is sickening

love grows with understanding

understanding begins with thinking

without that relations keep limping

what avail is currency without courtesy

without love and kindness you're at sea

Look at beauty's root don't be a bruit

Only then can you taste the life's fruit

you know beauty goes with age

consider life a sacred pilgrimage 


6. Empty

Remember one day the earth will be empty

of you and me. Let's now celebrate it with tea

I know a few true friends of mine are kind

I am sure nothing about me they will find 

interesting or worth keeping once I left

my memories will not leave them bereft

I have no children except books

they built wall and stopped people's looks

My name and fame bring me close to TV lens 

but they build around me thick tall fence 

I am happy with my verse and rhyme

but my rhyme splits me from my time 

I shall take along with me the guilt

My time is up and no hope can be built.


 7. Message

I walked on the beach watching waves

I shouted in delight in heart's caves 

the weather is cool but the water is warm

I enjoyed the clam blue sea's charm

I crossed plains and climbed huge hills 

The undulating hills are nature's frills

I played with birds and squirrels

they are lovely unforgettable thrills

I walked in the crowded alleys, 

I ran in the sprawling valleys

people reminded me of my age

but I'm in search of God's message


8.Dancer

I dance with glee singing soft and free

what dances in me is the beautiful poetry 

Each theme rich, beautiful feelings fetch

but at times touch sorrowful feelings much

I sometimes sing melodious tunes of my soul 

what happens is my mind goes out of control

the words and phrases look like latin and Greek

but the flow of the poem is soft like a creek

with archaic words it looks an antique

the themes and motifs make it mystique

The beautiful words  my mind seize

I sing the poems in the cool breeze 

Many people who stand around often wonder

I know that it is no wonder but God's splendor


9.The Guardian

There is a guardian. There is a flower 

without the guardian. There is no flower

your deep love came like a shower

Love is the shower love is the power

The flower got wet and became a nut 

who wants the nut who eats the bitter nut 

No one wants its now the nut needs growth

The tiny nut prayed for the growth , took a firm oath 

The sun gave light the guardian gave faith

the tiny nut early and late took the sun bathe

the tiny nut became a big sweet fruit

who is the fruit who kept guard give your thought

 

10. Bless me

Bless me with riches but first with honesty

for without honesty there is no gravity  

unchanging honesty is the greatest grace

without honesty I wander in outer space

Bless me with glamour but first good culture

Or I will be a prey to some foreign vulture

Ah! I don't have the greed of glamour  

of any foreign land. I don't need a manor

 by robbing my neighbour in any manner

I  need no glory than my country's banner

Let there be true belief in the knowledge

for nation's relief  pledge to sit on its edge

Let my language be my ornament 

Let mother tongue be my sentiment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment