Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Plethora of twists -32

I have a party at Kashya's place, I take taxi and go. said Sundari. "I know he lives in Film nagar just 3 kilometres from Jubilee hills. I will drop you."  said Lakuma.  After dropping Sundari  in filmnagar.   " I have some personal work. I will stay in a hotel in Jubilee hills." Said Agastya. Lakuma and Agastya reached hotel Viera Just a few meters from Jubilee Hills Apollo. They stood in the car parking area. There are are several other cars parked parallelly. Lakuma leaned to the car. Agastya stood in front of her. He said " Your flat and the hospital are just walkable distance from this hotel."  

Lakuma: How long you are going to stay in Hyderabad? 

Agastya: I have a mission. It takes time. How long you are going to stay in Hyderabad? 

Lakuma : I had a mission but it is aborted 

Agastya:  What is your mission why was Aborted? 

Lakuma : If you tell me about your mission I will tell you about mine.

Agastya: I am feeling shy but I will try. Can you take me to your flat?

Lakuma: I am alone in the flat Nandini has gone to Visakha, Tulasi has gone to Kakinada

Sundari has gone to Kashyap's party ..

Agastya: Can I check in to the hotel? we sit in the hotel room. 

Lakuma : No, I can not sit in the hotel room with you. 

Agastya: This is the result of your stay in Anandanilayam. I will come to the point.  The exams are over,  the college life and hostel life are over. There is only emptiness.

Lakuma: I feel the same way. I thought Damini was commanding but now I understood that she was caring. I missed many things when I came out of Anandanilayam. It was a family. Family is necessary, elders are necessary. Do you know why Varsha doesn't leave the family?  As the son he takes such responsibility of father. He plays the role of brother and son. Father is very important. You have father and mother you are not empty. You are lucky. 

Agastya: My father is just like Raghava's father Navya arts Naidu. Their fields are different their personalities are same. I find it difficult to live with him. I can only stay. 

Lakuma : You have a mother, go and stay with her. 

Agastya: I went to Chennai. I am coming from Chennai but my mother is missing

Lakuma  I can't believe Mother missing?  What happened?

Agastya: She was working in jasmine International School. The circumstances in the school  dramatically changed with the financial breakdown of Vikram estates. Vikraman the famous multi- millionaire realtor was the financial strength of the school who held my mother in high esteem.  There are rumours that he committed suicide 

Lakuma: Once the real estate boom has changed the lives of realtors now it is claiming their lives Perhaps she deliberately went into exile. I am sorry you are missing the only relation you have. 

Agastya: Why don't you go to your mother? Tell me now why is your mission aborted?

Lakuma : Sundari chose to go to Kashyap's private party. Maybe she is ready  lose her virginity  to save her father's life. Though I don't like much I will go to Baramati to stay with my mother but unfortunately she spends much time on touring and public service. 

Agastya: All are not demons in politics there are angels too. Your mother is an angel treading on the earth. We are fortunate to have such politicians in our country. 

Lakuma: You said that you came to Hyderabad on a mission. Is it your mission ? 

Agastya : I have come to Hyderabad to tell you something

Lukama: Are you feeling shy to tell these words? 

Agastya : NO , not these words. I could not say 

Lakuma: Why?

You are a Rowdy girl! For aught I know would kick me like you did to Bairreddy.

Lakuma : You are my classmate. Why would I kick you like that. I am giving you a word that I will not kick you. Now come on tell me don't delay. It is getting late.

Agastya : I have crush on you since long. I have confirmed that it is love. 

I like your approach but sorry Agastya , I don't think I have the same feelings. Now my mood is very bad. We are unable to help Sundari. I don't know whether I can ask my mother for help or not? The party must have begun. said Lakuma and sighed deeply. 

I have two lakhs with me but they are not enough. We must think of alternative plan.

You think. I am leaving for Baramati tomorrow. Good night and Good bye.

                                              ***

In Apollo special ward.

"Doctor how is the patient? He is the film director. The film is coming to an end when this accident happened. asked Naidu anxiously." said Navya Arts Naidu

"It is no an accident. somebody has kicked him on the testicle. Due to a terrible kick on the testicles he has lost consciousness. A kick on testicles results in nausea, swelling and fever. There will be substantial pain in the scrotum. 

The urologist said " I have fixed plastic tube in the scrotum  to drain blood and other fluids. He is now in coma.  We must wait until 24 hours. Right now we can't say anything. The doctor and the urologist have gone. Naidu and production manager were at Kashyap's bed.

Production manager : Nothing will happen to him don't worry.

Naidu : Who is worried about him? I am worried about my movie. 

Production manager : Ha hha hha. The total shooting is over except the last scene.

Naidu: Don't be foolish. The last  scene is called the climax scene.  It is the most important scene in the film that decides the success of the film. 

                                                                 ***

When Agastya entered Krishnamurty's room it was 10.00 AM. Sundari was standing at the his bed talking to the nurse.  She looked sleepless and tired. Her face was pathetic.  She was bewildered to see Agastya. "How is your father?" asked Agastya. She did not answer. The nurse said' He still needs radiation therapy. Typically, people have treatment sessions 5 times per week, Monday through Friday. This schedule usually continues for 3 to 9 weeks. Next week payment .." before she finished Sundari said "we pay tomorrow."  The nurse went away. 

Has Lakuma gone?  Is she still there? asked Agastya. 

Sundari did not reply. She had fear in her eyes. 

Did she go away? asked Sundari

Agastya was confused. "Did you not go to your room last night? You slept with the director?

I am sorry I mean you slept in his flat? " Agastya looked at her apologetically. 

I could not sleep last night but not due to party. There was no party. 

No party?! Then what happened ?

Sundari started crying when she recollected the scene. Agastya took her shoulders and seated her in the chair. Sundari felt breathless. After much persuasion by Agastya She started "When I went to Kashyap's flat. I saw a girl going away in a black car.  I went in and found Kashyap screaming in pain. I heard him saying Keerthi. A few minutes later he became unconscious. I was so scared. I did not return to my flat last night. I slept in Sindhu's (junior artist) house. 

I can understand your fears. The police may suspect you as the murderer. somebody must have used Keerthi as a weapon. She must have poisoned his drink. When he was twisting in pain she sneaked away. But how can we be sure that the girl who came there is Keerthi? How can you say that she came to Kashyap's flat? Maybe she came to some other flat. 


It is a three storied group house. Kashyap uses all the three floors. 

Then the can can be keerthi. have you seen her face? Can you identify her? No problem there are CC cameras in every apartment or group house now a days. 

But all the lights are turned off. It was dark all over. 

Was there nobody ? Are you the only one there at that time?

Yes, Only you saw her no CC footage. Then it is difficult to identify the murderer.

Yes. Off course. said Sundari. 

wow! Nobody has seen your either. Am I right? asked Agastya. "Yes" answered Sundari.

Did you tell her Sindhu about what happened last  night?

No I did not. Said Sundari. 

I am sure he has not died If he died the news would be viral. I saw the news this morning.    Go to my room and sleep. You badly need a sleep. Said Agastya. 

She kept staring at him. "I look after your father. Don't worry. Come on it is three minutes walk from this hospital."  Agastya almost pulled her out of chair. They walk out. 

                                                                ***

Indigo 6E247 took off at 11.10 AM as scheduled at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. Lakuma watched the ground from the window. Her thoughts are filled with her mother. She Imagined playing with her mother as in Hyderabad. At that time she was only a party women wing President. But I used to command everybody.  I was so stubborn to Damini. For sometime I was Devilish rider. I was into stunt biking. What happened to that Lakuma? She had the glimpses of her own life. She remembered her life at Anandanilayam. She rememberd the sonnets of Varsha and the smiles of Radhamanohar flowers.   Sweet flowers beautiful house, small family great relations.  Anandanilayam -It has the gates of love are open for all. It could be Kesava or Lakuma or anyone.  Lakuma's thoughts broke when she heard the flight captain's voice. 

"Good afternoon passengers. This is your captain speaking. Warm welcome on  86A. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. The time is 12: 15 pm. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side we are expecting to land in mumbai in 10 minutes. we are 5 min  ahead of schedule. The weather in Mumbai is clear and sunny, 30 degrees for this afternoon."

"How soon we are reaching Mumbai from Hyderabad. I  feel that I just started at Hyderabad." Mother, you are so highly placed that you arranged the journey with just a phone call.  She felt so great about her mother.  Yes she is flying free. She remembered her mother's warning to be in the airport before the scheduled time.  Mother you are such a disciplinarian. She felt proud of her mother.  She was dropped at the airport in  Hyderabad MP Anasuya's Vehicle. Mother you follows up things so well.   

When the flight landed Lakuma saw somebody carrying a placard LAKUMA DEVI. She was wondering who was having a similar name. By her looks Mr. Pachaco sensed that the girl is Lakuma. He went near  and said I am MP secretary, We are wating for you. He said showing the placard. The man with placard smiled and came near.  " I am not LAKUMA DEVI"  The man holding the placard said " I added Devi for respect."  Later pachaco and Lakuma took coffee in the Airport.  How to go to Baramati from here? she asked. It is 200 kilometers distance. We can go by car. It takes 5 hours. There is a flight in two hours we can go in 40 minutes. " said Pachaco. "Oh! should we wait for two hours for the flight?" She said. Come one let's move He said. Lakuma followed her. He was going back to the airfield.

Mr. Pachaco where are  you taking me? shouted Lakuma  in the noise of the flight turbines. To Baramati shouted back Pachaco. "You Old man!" She said. Why mom employees such people. She told herself. Lakuma was quite disgusted. but all her disgust has flown away when she saw the chopper rotors turning on.  Pachaco went near and opened the back door of the helicopter. He was waiting for Lakuma to sit in the back. But Lakuma preferred to sit beside the pilot. Hardly had Lakuma entered the chopper the rotors turned faster. With in no time the chopper is in the clouds zone. Mumbai airport looked like a match box. 

It was 1.20 When Lakuma reached Baramati home. When she finished bath the lunch was served hot on the table. Lakuma asked the house maid " Does mom come for the lunch?" She called Pachaco who said "Madam is on the way and she asked you to eat." Lakuma left the dining table angrily. He waited until 2.00 PM in the living room looking at the wall clock.  Then she went into her room and banged shut the door. She slipped into sleep.  

Aruna Tara came at 3.00 PM. She knocked the door. There was no response. She opened the door and tip toed to the bed.  She went back and prepared the curry mixed rice in a bowl and woke up her daughter by touching on her shoulders. Lakuma was surprised. She looked at the watch it was showing 3.00 PM. "My lovely daughter, My burning golden, my bouncing river" Aruna was cajoling Lakuma. Lakuma moved away and turned her face sideways.  Aruna felt small and bent her head down. Lakuma jumped on the mother and hugged. They hugged each other. Later like  the mother bird gives food to baby bird, Aruna served food in Lakuma's mouth.  While Lakuma was eating tears were flowing down the cheeks of Arunatara. Lakuma wiped out the tears. Aruna kissed them. 

When Lakuma finished eating. Pachaco came in " Madam " He said.  Aruna put the bowl on the dining table and washed her hands.  Lakuma dear, now sleep comfortably. A textile park is built by women in Baramati. Today is the inauguration. I came in between." She kissed on Lakuma's fore head and walked out. Lakuma came out and saw in the car waving her hand.   Amma you did not eat, You came to serve me food.  tears were flowing down Lakuma's cheeks. Lakuma kept looking at her mother's beautiful face.  Aruna was smiling. In her charming smile Lakuma saw the billowing of the national flag. 

                                                                       ***

When Sundari woke up it was 1.00 PM. She was hungry.  She wanted to take bath but where are the clothes? I must go to the flat and get my clothes. How long can I spend without a bath? She thought. When the thought of flat came her she remembered Kashyap and the police. "Are police searching for me?"  Her spine shivered. She remembered her father in the hospital her heart skipped a beat. Just then her phone rang. He mother is on the line " Sundari , I haven't got a new buyer yet. The old buyer has withdrawn the deal. Can you manage two days? Sundari had a volcano eruption in her head. She did not know how to maintain the cool. Her stomach was burning. suddenly the door bell rang. Sundari said " somebody is coming in. I will call you later." she said and disconnected the call. 

The house keeping lady came with a suitcase of clothes.  She is wearing a pleasing smile on her face. "Your husband has sent this suitcase. He is in the restaurant waiting for you." She said and left. Sundari was in mood to be angry or any emotions. She opened the  suitcase. There were punjabi dresses, sarees and full skirt and half sarees. One of her problemsis solved. She went into the bath room. The big bathing tub and the fragrance animated her spirits. She had a refreshing bath and took the hotel towel. It was fresh. She dried herself and wore black full skirt and black bouse and chose a golden half saree.  She walked to the restaurant Agastya had already ordered meals when she entered the restaurant. Agastya did not utter a single word while eating.  When they finished lunch Agastya said " Kashyap was in the Same Apollo Hospital. He did not die. No police, nothing. 

How soon the scene has changed! The hot desert turned into ever green forest. The dry sapling got the life. Moonlight filled the dark sky. Agastya looked like God's messenger. Don't worry about your father. He is sleeping. said Agastya. " My mother phoned me" said Sundari. " Agastya was listening keenly. "Sundari was afraid of saying that The money was not arranged. There is delay in arranging the money." She thought that he would dump her in the dust bin and go. If I were in his position would I help him? She questioned herself.

Agastya pressed her to tell the news. Sundari said hesitantly what her mother told. He did not speak further. I have some money please keep it. He gave the money and even before she understood what is happening he vanished. 

                                                                  ***

 

In the green lawn of the Nandini Nilayam Nandini was playing with yellow Chrysanthemums, pink Asters and Marigold. Paidamma has come out to call Nandini for breakfast.  Nandini looked like flower among flowers.

Paidamma kept gazing at Nandini. She saw Nandini chasing the butterflies. Mother knew the daughter’s heart. Ever since Nandini came back from Hyderabad She is helping the Anand seva sadan to be in good books of Bharatavarsha.

Nandini stopped playing with flowers The beautiful white lawn furniture invited her. She sat in the white chair and kept watching the impressive Terracotta army - the 1000-year-old art. The twenty terrific red soldiers, with steel swords in their hands and black horses. Paidamma came near Nandini stood by her side “You cannot catch butterflies stop chasing them.” She said to her daughter. Well said Paid Penchalayya came and stood beside Paidamma. Nandi understood what it means. How I spend my time is more important than what I get. I am spending my time in pursuit of beauty and peace.

Go join in college. Get busy with studies and change your mind.

Nanna I cannot chase money like you. My life has a different purpose. Elders like you always encourage children to chase money. They don’t teach values.

Oh come on what all we pastor do in Church!  We teach values in Church.

At home what do you teach? You teach money earning spoil children

No Christians are not spoiled.

I'm talking about humans. You're talking about Christians. Please look at people as humans   survey shows that 60 per cent of elderly people living with their families face abuse and harassment, 66 per cent are either 'very poor' or below the povertyline and 39 per cent have been either abandoned or live alone. These surveys are not about Christians or Hindus they are about humans.

Penchalayya had no words. He kept quiet.

Do you know how many senior citizens are abandoned in India? India is home to nearly 138 million elderly people of which 18 million senior citizens are homeless.

What did you do to them you have done nothing. When the old age home was closed you were busy making money.

Baby you are telling National statistics. I am serving millions of people with my churches in Andhra.

Pastors like you and KA Paul boast themselves of rendering great service.  You tell your stories before uneducated people 

In southern states such as Andhra Pradesh (87 per cent), Telangana (68 per cent) and Tamil Nadu (69 per cent) old age people experience more neglect. If someone like Bharatavarsha is serving them people like try to kick on their base and batter their ideals.

Just then entered Syamala her classmate. She said “ Oh can you call Guru by name?”

He is disturbing my business. He is my enemy. Don’t use his name again in my house.

Look Amma, I am here as your guest. I told you on the day of my return. I will be here as long as you can love me and honour my views. Now I am going.

Paidamma “I never thought I would get you back. Lord Krishna's boon. Please live in this mother’s heart. This house is yours.” She then turned to her husband and said “This house is Nandini Nilayam named after her. It is also registered in her name. By all means this house belongs to her. Go to forest bungalow church, rest place church or kommadi church. Go anywhere. Don’t come here to disturb my daughter.

Don’t think she is only your daughter. She is also my daughter. We are earning only for you you darling. Said Penchalayya and kissed Nandini on her fore head.

Nanna, what is your age? Asked Nandini/ Penchalayya was shocked at that question.

Paidamma said “He is 62. I am 55.” She felt very shy for having said their ages. The couple started ogling at each other. Nandini flew off the handle. “Amma don’t twist like a new bride.  Nanna in India only 6.78 percent people were over 65 years of age. Penchalayya was dumb stricken. Paidamma took Nandi and Syamala in for the breakfast. 

                                                                 ***

Jayanagar east RK Apartments : Raghava stood in the second floor balcony looking at the morning sun. For the past three months he occasionally came out of his living room into balcony. "Hello Raghava what is so special today you are standing out in the balcony? said the house owner's son, who lives in the first floor. Today my friend is coming from  ... before he answered the question a taxi came and stopped in front of the apartment. 

Sandeep got out of taxi and waved at Raghava. He paid the taxi and climbed up the stairs and reached Raghava. " Raghava took Sandeep in, and showed the products he has made.

So you took three months for you to develop these products?!" said Sandeep

No, It took nearly a year. Even when I was in Vizag all these products were there but in my mind  in the form of ideas. Today they are products. said Raghava proudly and began showing the products. This is the hardware— that helps control air conditioners, fans, temperature, CCTV, room lighting intensity and colours to suit moods, among other things, through a mobile app.

Congratulations ! It is amazing  to see how you developing the technology and later into  products.  Sandeep looked at Raghava with admiration. "But we have to start the commercial production." said Raghava. 

Now I am thinking of marketing the products, their installation, and offering after-sales support. “Now I am planning to shift into a three bedroom apartment. I have to hire some people. I contacted nine people who agreed to work. If you come there will be ten people.  

"Soon I will come and join you. I told you that I have some obligation in Visakha. For now  I have brought the money you needed. Here is the money." Said Sandeep

Raghava: What is that obligation. tell me now.

Sandeep: Soon You will come to know about it.

Rascal You are a great escapist. Every time you repeat the same words. 

Next time you will suddenly see her. You should not upset or discourage.

                                                          ***


Nandini and Syamala  finished the breakfast and Nandini and Syamala sat in the sofa in living room.  Paidamma was in kitchen. joseph Venkateswarrulu came in. Nandini asked him to sit in the opposite sofa. Your facts and figures about old age people are wonderful. Your conversation is thought provoking. How did you learn all these things? You don't like that kind of deep studies, right?  asked Syamala. 

Our likes and dislike depend on the people we like. What do you think?

I know that are working for Anand Sevasadan but I don't know that you are reading. 

Yes, doing all these things to please one.

I know who he is. I never called him by name. Is it good to call Guru by name?

joseph Venkateswarulu : Is it good that you marry Guru? 

Nandini was surprised. She looked in the faces of Syamala and joseph Venkatewsarulu several times turning her face one from the other. 

Joseph Venkateswarulu : She married Parameswarrao. 

Nandini : Is it true?

Syamala: First I married , later I was married. 

Nandini : I did not get you both aren't the same.

Syamala: NO, because we got married in a temple. We could not kept it as a secret for a long time. When my parents came to know of that they celebrated our marriage. 

Nandini : Damn you! why did you not tell me?

Syamala : How can I tell you when you ran away from house?

Nanadini: That means you are married recently. Do they know it in the college?

Joseph Venkateswarralu : Everybody in the college knows it. Now she is going to college as a married woman.  All lecturers are her friends.

Nandini : Anyway Congratulations!!!

Your father has gone to court against the other group trying to get the church. 

Your brother went to Bangalore and Bharatavarsha is not in town for two days.

Syamala : Is he your agent ? I had a doubt when he was following me. 

Nandini laughed. You can call him so. I treat him as help saying so she gave him a packet 

Syamala understood that It was money. She said. "Do you know where he has gone?" 

He has gone to Chennai her has to meet authors because he is working as commissioning editor. Nobody knows that he recently joined it. Most people still think that he is jobless. 

Nandini: What does the job involve? 

Generally, an acquisitions or commissioning editor evaluates solicited and unsolicited manuscripts from authors, conceptualizes profitable book ideas, negotiates author contracts, and strategizes and plans for the production of new and revised titles. 

Nandini : How do you know? I haven't heard of it before?

Syamala: He came to our house a week ago. He was telling him.

Nandini : Oh! Who was HE and who was HIM.

He is Varsha him is Parameswarrao. She is shy to tell her husband's name. 

Syamala:  Venkateswarulu , I will kill you.

Joseph Venkateswarulu got off the sofa and ran into the garden. 

Nandini and Syamala came out. Nandini shouted why don't you tell such important things?

Joseph Venkateswarulu : His home could be his office. I have no entry into his house. please leave me I can not spy on Bharatavarsha." He ran out of gate.

How are you  nights Syamala? Are you sleeping enough?

Oh! My God people ask how is your married life? 

I am too intelligent. I don't think or talk like the ordinary.

Oh Miss Intelligent!  you couldn't get access to his office room. You have sent Venkateswarulu ha hha hha that fellow ..... ha  hha hha  ran away! How can you get into his heart?

Shut up Syamala , by next week I will not only get into his house but also ... I don't tell.       I will show. Nandini left in a huff. Syamala kept laughing and laughing. 


                                                          ***

It is 12.00 noon. The sun is shining brightly in the sky. Dakshinamurty  and John were walking in the Meenakshi aqua exports. From the glass window of the director's cabin Grace and Timpani were sitting on either side of the desk watching them walk. Finally your dream is fulfilled. You became the director of Meenakshi aqua exports. said Timpani. Grace laughed lavishly and revolved in the director's chair. After turning three rounds she stopped the chair and said " I could do it with my sister's help. She affectionately pressed Timpani's hands on the desk. Grace stood from the chair and came to her sister. She gently lifted her and placed her in the director's chair. Timpani resisted and wanted to get up saying that it is director's chair. Ha hha hha ha ! Forget about that foolish loyalty of poor servants. she said and pressed Timpani in to the chair. 

Grace sat in the opposite chair and said " Look how the father is supporting the son. I thought he would be shaken by news of his son selling his BMW car. Damnit! Agastya sold 30 lakh car simply for 10 lakhs. If I do such thing, there will be several wars. 

Timpani: That is why the proverb, "blood is thicker than water." came into use.

Grace : yes, I can understand that but what I can not understand is that how you blocked his affairs for weeks. That kept him hungry, helped me seduce him and bring him to my way. What is the treatment ?  

Timpani : It is not a treatment but a trick that can work a few times. Your husband goes to hotels with girls. I gathered their telephone numbers and used to send AIDS warning against your husband. "Oh! you told them that DM has AIDs?" said Grace and stood agape. She was pleasantly surprised  "what a strategy !" 

Mine is not a strategy. It is only a trick. You should have strategy to bring the company into your hands. Said Timpani and admonished her sister Grace. 

That part must be managed by john , your husband. Off course he explained so much but so little had gone into my head. Said Grace and dropped a file about Stock Market and IPO application procedure. She said " These rules and clauses are endless. Even after reading for hours you go nowhere.  This is the SEBI has mandated  criteria.  I will tell you what I can remember without the help of  paper.

The company should have at least Rs 3 crore in net tangible assets in each of the previous three years. Out of this 3 crore amount, not more than 50% should be cash or cash equivalent like money in an account, cash receivable or investment accounts. 

The company should have a net worth of at least one crore rupees in each of the previous three years. 

The company should have an average operating profit of at least fifteen crore rupees in each of any three years among the previous 5 years.  There is much more to say.

Timpani: Stop stop stop. I can not digest all the information. I understood that the company should have 3 crores tangible assets and 15 crores net profit in the last five years. Do you have that?

Grace : I don't know Dakshinamurti was showing john his personal files. The auditors showed 20 to 25 crores each year. Whether it is genuine or cooked up I don't know. only your husband a financial expert can understand. 

                                                                    ***


Sundari was looking at the door sitting in the chair beside krishnamurthi. Krishnamurti opened his eyes and looked at Sundari. He called his daughter but his voice was inaudible . He raised his voice and waved it slowly. Sundari looked at her father and bent over him. "Your mother has come back from Kakinada?" the words came like mosquito buzzing. With great difficulty she understood what he asked. But she did not know how to answer the question. She was silent. " who are you waiting for?" Krishnamurthi asked again. 

Yes, who Am I waiting for? Why should I wait for him? What relation he has with me?

Her mind shot arrows in to her self respect. unless of Hope of saving father has acted like a shield she would have dead. " It is not the question of self respect" Her heart suggested. Then what? asked her consciousness. If the land is sold off .. We don't want  anybody's help.. while she was thinking the police inspector came to her room and stood outside. 

Are you Sundari? He asked. Sundari did not answer but went out. We came here for enquiry. said the police Inspector standing in the corridor. My father .. She was trying to say something.  The police man walked a few steps in the corridor. Sundari followed him. Producer Naidu was there. " Kashyap died " He said. 

Inspector: You had a party with him three days ago? 

Sundari : NO!

Inspector : Give me your mobile 

Sundari was going back into the room and dashed Agastya coming from the room. When did you come? She asked " Just now when you are looking at the inspector and walking.

He walked up to the inspector and gave the mobile. 

Inspector : You said you have not gone to the party. Here is the invitation.

Agastya: He invited but she did not go.

Inspector: Then why did she say NO. 

Agastya: Because she did not go she said NO.

Inspector: Who are you? 

Agastya: We are in relationship. She spent the night with me.

Inspector : Where and when?  

Just then the nurse came and said " I want to take the patient to the radiation therapy. He wants to tell you something." "Inspector we will come to station at 6.00 in the evening." said Agastya. The inspector understood the patient's position. He said " Okay no problem, take care of your father" He said and went away. 

Sundari and Agastya walked into the room. Sundari saw a suitcase on her chair. Agastya took it and gave it to Sundari. " This is 10 lakhs. I could have brought a cheque but that is troublesome. I brought liquid cash. So it took some time." said Agastya. Sundari was speechless. Krishnamurti saw Sundari and Agastya together. 

Are you the hero of the film?  Krishnamurti asked Agastya

Agastya smiled and stood still. Sundari said " He is the real hero, not reel hero nanna." 

 My daughter never admired a man openly before me. I can say how close you became to her heart.  Krishnamurti smiled and blessed him. Sundari said " Ayyo nanna!" 

 He said to Sundari " My worry is over. If anything happens you don't worry but don't forget to take this body to KKD." Sundari helplessly cried Nanna!! "Is it justified to talk to an innocent girl ?" said Agastya.  Krishnamurti was filled with smiles. 

That evening nothing happened as Sundari was afraid. Agastya booked a call taxi from dot cabs at 5.30  A white Innova car came and stopped before him at 5.45 Agastya opened the back door. Sundari thought that he would sit beside her but he sat beside the driver the car moved. At 6.00 PM The car dropped them at the police station. Two high court advocates were waiting for Agastya. He greeted them. "Is this the girl you talked about in the afternoon?" One of them asked. "Yes"  said Agastya.  They spoke with the inspector. There is no room for suspicion on Sundari. The result was NO case was registered on her. 

All is well that ends well said Agastya coming out of the jubilee hills police station. Sundari opened the door and asked him to sit in the back seat. She sat comfortably beside him. Agastya saw cheerfulness in her. He looked into her eyes. She too looked into his eyes. He then looked at her lips. They are like tender leaves. The taxi moved. She watched him ogling at her secretly as the car was cutting through the traffic. She slipped into sleep unexpectedly. Agastya thought that she was dam tired. Go to train restaurant  via necklace road. The taxi was shooting like an arrow. Sundari slipped on to Agastya's shoulder. 

                                                            ***


I never thought Venkatadri has such a beautiful palace in Visakhapatnam. said Veerayya.  Yes it looks like very expensive. said Kaliasam.  It was used as officer's club but Venkatadri got them vacated and gave it to Seshachalam. said Ramulu. "Can we ever imagine to live in such palaces ?" said Lakshmanna.  They all climbed up the stairs. 

Seshachalam received his friends and  showed them inside the house. They were pleased with the interiors of the house and the furniture. "I can never dream of living in such a big house." Said Seshachalam.  Where is you daughter? asked Ramulu. She is in pooja. She spends most of the time either in pooja room or alone. Now and then she comes into balcony but doesn't stay long because the people in the neighbourhood are curious. They stand and stare at her. 

No , we should not allow that to happen. said Kailasam. 

"I don't even let her go out.  Her predictions are bringing her good reputations. very high ranking officers are coming here to meet her.  At this moment if she goes out like ordinary people It might hurt her reputation." said Seshachalam. There was a moment's silence. 

He started saying again " yesterday a couple who lost their child in the bus stand a week ago complained to the police but no avail. They came here yesterday. Her prediction came true. She was found in the same address given by AMMA.  

Are you taking money from the visitors? Said Lakshmanna.

No, I am not asking anyone for anything. Some people are giving. The parents who lost and found their child gave nothing but it was reported in the news.  That reinforced my confidence. 

The visitors are coming to seek favours. So don't hesitate to ask. If you can not ask directly suggest them indirectly to donate for a cause. said Veerayya. 

All friends laughed at his intelligence. Seshachalam too laughed. 

                                                   ***

It 4.00 PM in the evening the sun is still bright in the sky. It was barren land surrounded by hills, far away from the city. One has to cross  a 3 meter deep  and 10 meter wide gorge to enter the barren landscape called Anandseva sadan or has to take a long route via a village called Mudasarlova. Two white coats came into that landscape by a black scooter.  They saw ten large hallow brick rooms with thatched roofs on them and a large open space in between.  "The hexagonal rooms have no plastering. There are windows without doors. A polythene sheet is fixed with nails on the window frames to prevent the cold air from entering the rooms. This place is meant for abandoned parents." said one white coat to the other. " This place is also abandoned like the parents." said the other white coat and laughed. They started walking to the first shelter (room). 

Just then a water tanker was returning after filling fresh water in a tank fitted with taps.  "Look at the tractor water is transported everyday how do they live like this? It is far away the city.   There isn't a single powerline. There is no power too." said the first one.

"I agree that there is no power and water but it is not far away from the city. It is just 5km from Isukathota but because of the 10 meter wide gorge we took a round and came via three villages." said the second one. 

They reached a tree. Under the tree there is a string bed. There are four plastic chairs around the cot. An old man was lying on the string bed. And another old man was sitting on the chair. He stood up and said " Namste doctor, please sit down. The two doctors sat in the chairs. One of them took the hand of the man lying on the bed and checked his pulse. He took a syringe from his kit and a vial and gave him injection. He was checking the patient's eyes and asking some general questions.

Doctor: What is your name?

Patient: Sanyasirao

Doctor: You don't have children?

Sanyasi: I have two sons. 

Why don't you go and live with them. There is no power,  no water. 

Sanyasi: No power no water but this 8 acre land is bound by calmness, which means peace.  What we have her is Love and peace are more important than facilities at this age. 

                                                                ***

  

In the Hospital canteen 

Agastya and Sundari are at the breakfast table. There are only a few customers in the hotel as it is every early in the morning. Sundari was eating Idlies rather in a hurry. Agastya looked at her. Miss Sundari , Do you know what  you are eating? asked Agastya.

Sundari stopped eating looked at Agastya and smiled. 

Miss Sundari don't finish your breakfast in a hurry. Eat well to your satisfaction. said Agastya and served sambar into her plate. Sundari remembered her mother's love. Who is he showering so much of love? What relation can work like this? These questions lingered in her mind.  "What should I call this relation?" asked Sundari emotionally.

Idly sambar relation said Agastya amusingly. 

Don't call me Miss Sundari, call me Sundari it is enough. 

Agastya smiled. Sundari started eating slowly. 

Sundari: It is a week since I have been asking you how you got so much of money but you did not answer. At least now you tell me. Ten lakhs is not a small amount.

Agastya: I have told you everything about my family my mother, father and his business.

Sundari: You have told me everything but not how you got the money. You are helping me.  I am grateful to it  but I should not receive the money without knowing how you got it because you are not working. 

Agastya remained silent. Sundari said " I have heard your father scolding you on phone. what did you do?" " I assure you that it is not illegal money. I can not tell you more. Fathers can scold sons without assigning any reason. My father is unbeatable and the best in this regard. " Sundari laughed. Agastya laughed too.

Agastya: Sundari I have only one lakh , yesterday I met a boy whose father is taking cancer treatment in this hospital. He told me that he is taking his father to Adayar Cancer hospital. He told me that the treatment is free there. 

Sundari : Let us consult a few doctors. I will inform my mother about our decision. 

Agastya paid the bill and was leaving the counter. Sundari was following him.

She called "Agastya!" Agastya stopped and looked back. 

"How can I ever repay your debt?" said Sundari. Agastya smiled. 

                                                                ***


How is your Malegaon sugar factory visit ? asked Lakuma

A group of MPs visited the factory to observe the technology, productivity and labour force.

India is the world's biggest producer of sugar and the second biggest exporter. Do you know Sugar factories produce power they generate their own heat and power. Many sugar factories, use of high pressure boilers. They make such power projects highly profitable. National level potential of power generation through Bagasse co-generation as per MNRE, GoI study is about 3500 MW, whereas the potential in Maharashtra is 1250 MW.   We can make sugar factories produce extra power. Maharastra potential should increase. 

Well done Arunatara, well done Maharastra people are very fortunate to have such an MP.    I am very unfortunate to have such a mother. 

Lakuma, you are my life. 

Stop the drama amma, I can not bear to see you lying. that too before me. You are born for people you serve them. I will go t Kerala. I will ask him if he really loves me. 

I am very sorry Lakuma , Pelase tell me what mistake I have done. How can I rectify it.

Lakuma started crying. Aruna hugged her and cajoled her. tell me coolly Any problem has a solution. Don't cry. said Aruna.

But mommy this problem has no solution. Death has no solution. Sundari's father died in Ambulance while on the way to Chennai. I was proud to have a powerful mother, but I realised you are only powerful but  not useful. 

I am not hurt , you are in an emotional stage. You can blame me. Go on Lakuma.

I  blame myself not you. You are MP how can I blame you . you are beyond law. I looked down upon Agastya. He may be thief or wastrel only if one has character one can help others at the time of need. People like me are fair weather friends. 

I can not bring back her father's life but I will give life to his daughter. This is my promoise.

I am proud of you Lakuma. I will cancel all my work until this is done.

Lakuma hugged her mother dumbly. The time is frozen. 

                                                          ***

 





No comments:

Post a Comment