Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Monday, September 12, 2022

Medicos in love -17

Medical College Hostel. Room no 12. The doors were shut. Beihind the closed doors there is a scuffle between Senthil and Aravan. Perumal entered the scene. "It is quite embarrassing to see you in scuffle, stupid guys, look whom I have brought. He is loitering here around boys hostel." said Perumal.  They stopped fighting and looked at Agastya. Senthil pounced like a tiger and caught Agastya by collar. Agastya jostled him off. " Don't you have manners? You are pushing a guest! "  " Aravan offered a chair to Agastya  and said "Sit down, we will respect you "  Senthil hurriedly shut the door and made hissing sound  shhh... shhhhhh.. the monitor is coming. Aravan and Perumal kicked him and said " why are you closing the door then! " Without waiting for a second they pulled the door open and ran out. As they ran out two seniors rushed in and they started reading sitting at the table. 

Senthil offered a tea and biscuits to Agastya. Agastya was out of sorts.  The monitor and the superintendent both came in. Senthil said " my guest sir!" The superintendent looked at the watch " Guests are allowed only up to 7.00 PM. Don't you know?"  I will send him after tea" said Senthil. Agastya rose from the chair and said to the superintendent " I will go sir" He kept the cup with tea on the table.. The superintendent smiled " Not necessary , take tea, eat biscuits and go slow." while going back he saw the finger prints Agastya's cheek. He came back , took his face into his hands and said " what happened?" " Agastya looked at Senthil. Senthil got confused. Agastya grinned at the superintendent and said " My brother and I had an argument  yesterday." " It doesn't look like that of a man. It looks very fresh , ladies fingers " he said and walked away. 

Five minutes later Aravan and Perumal dashed in and the two students who came in disappeared. Agastya stood agape to see the dastardly activities. Aravan shut Agastya's mouth and adumbrated on the hostel  allotment process to hostel life in medical colleges. 

"The allotment of medical college hostels are  done on first come, first served basis. You may get a friend  whom you met at the counselling as a roommate,  if you are unable to get the roommate of your choice you can change  your roommate. In government colleges is a little complex and in the private colleges is a bit simple but  you can switch your room  unofficially, like you can live with him/her most of the time but be present in your room at the time of attendance. Attendance is taken during exams only." 

So you have exams now. Why are you falling after Ragini without focusing on studies? said Agastya. The lover trio were deeply irritated by his question. " Ye.. teaching us morals!" Perumal has bitten the teeth. The three medicos began to raid Agastya said " I will not tell you who is the lady that slapped me" With these words worked like a bridle to the horse.  They stopped attacking and started pleasing him. "Ay boy! please tell us who it is" said Perumal. "My name is Agastya" said Agastya. "Nice to meet you Agastya, I am Perumal." Perumal introduced himself. Senthil and Aravan also introduced themselves. 

                                             ***
 Arulmigu Marundeeswarar Temple is 2.8 kilometers from Tidel park. This 1300 years old temple was built during the Chola dynasty in the 9th century.  The temple is believed to have features of Pallava  and Chola art. The temple has two entrances, one from East Coast Road and the other from West Tank Street both adorned by 5-tiered gopuram (gateway tower)

Marundeeswarar is known so because he imparted sage Agastya on curative properties of various herbs and plants.  The sage Valmiki, who wrote Ramayana, worshiped Shiva in the temple.  Since Valmiki was blessed here, the place is known as Thiruvalmikiyur. 

Meenakshi and Angayar  sat on the stone steps of the temple tank. The water in the tank looks like a sprawling mirror set to glorify the image of the temple. The image of the temple's monumental tower  - the gopuram  was glowing in the yellow rays of sun at dusk.  The cool breeze flowing over the water surface creates ripples. It looks like the wind has kissed the water. The water is shy and feminine.  The wind is dynamic and masculine. The wind and the water are lovers. 

Angayar " Uṅkaḷ payyanku akastiyar eṉṟu peyar vaittavar? Itu oru navīṉa peyar alla!
(Who gave your son the name Agastya? It is not a modern name!)

Atu tāttāviṉ ālōcaṉai. That is his grandfather's suggestion 


They were speaking in Tamil. Meenakshi continued ... we dress up like those whom we are influenced. Look at our jeans and T shirts. We make up like whom we are influenced. Look at our faces without red mark. We name our children like whom we're influenced by. Now a days we are unable to listen to  names of the modern children.  

My ancestors were Sanskrit scholars. They were influenced by Vedas and sages. Like modern parents were influenced by cinema. Atu Tamiḻ pirāmaṇa paiyaṉiṉ peyar. It is the name of the Tamil brahmin boy. who lead an ascetic life, educated himself, become a celebrated Tamil sage. He is the famed author of several hymns of the Rigveda. Agastya  is considered to be the father of Siddha medicine who invented an early grammar of the Old Tamil language. He is one of the Indian sages found in ancient sculpture and reliefs in Hindu temples of South Asia, and Southeast Asia such as in the early medieval era Shaiva temples on Java Indonesia. He is the principal figure and Guru in the ancient Javanese language text Agastyaparva, whose 11th century version survives. Now look what happened to his life? 


Angayar  : Meena, stop worrying about your son's future. First  think about your future.        Meena : He is my only son, a fatherless boy.  I can't bear to see him suffer in this tender age.
Angayar: There are so many children without father without food. You are there for him a mother of providence and he lacks nothing. He has good education. This is his future. 
Meena: I don't know how to tell you. Meenakshi has extreme suffocation.                              Angayar saw her getting chocked. She has dark circles under her eyes. 
Meena, I understood that you are hiding something , that is the reason for your suffering.
Meena : It is not the reason for my suffering. It is the reason for his suffering. He is suffering because I am unable to tell him something. 
Angayar : Fine if you can not tell your son, you can tell me.  
Meenakshi remained silent. 
Angayar : You don't trust people. I trusted you and told you the problem with my impotent husband. I told you all about my life. It similar to mirage.  A mirage is not a reality. It is only an illusion. so is my life.  My life is dissimilar to air.   You can not see but feel the air. My life is exactly opposite. You can not feel but see my life. It looks pretty for others who don't know the truth.  Finally  tt is like a toy egg for toddlers. Angayar laughed. 
Meenakshi : How could you laugh? I am shocked at your strength and courage. 
Angayar started crying hiding her face between her knees. She was uncontrollable. She was sobbing. " My courage is also a pretence!" she said with hiccups.
Meenakshi : Don't cry! come on relax! Lord shiva will solve your problem.  
Angayar : You too don't worry. Lord Shiva will solve your problem too.
Meenakshi : My problem has no solution. My husband Dakshina murty had an affair with a girl old enough to be his daughter and made my life miserable. Meenakshi did not cry. She has no tears.  
Angayar: I know how to chase that girl. I have seen many movies and learned how to treat such domestic diseases. Every girl has a way. she said enthusiastically. 
 
Ha.. hhaa. hhhaaa....Meenakshi laughed and said " Life is not a movie, even if it is so it has reached the climax.  The movie started six years ago. When Agastya was in 10th class. It was a happy ending for Grace and tragic ending for me. We got divorced recently followed by property settlement case. The court has given decree. He is settled in Visakhapatnam for that girl. I am settled in  Chennai for my son. 

How come you married An Andhra man! You are a chennai girl aren't you?

Off course! I am a chennai girl. Our origins are in Tanjavur. My great great grandfather was Kanthambhattu, a sanskrit scholar worked with Chevvappa Naik.

Angayar:Who is chevvappa Naik? 

Thanjavur gained great importance as the capital during the rule of the Cholas. After the fall of the Cholas, it was ruled by various dynasties such as Muttaraiyar Dynasty, Pandyas, Vijayanagara Kings, Madurai Nayaks, Thanjavur Nayaks, Thanjavur Marathas and the British Empire. The Nayak kings were prominent among the patrons of literature. Chevvappa Naik worked as an administrator under Krishnadavaraya.

Chevvappa Nayaka's wife Murthymamba was the daughter-in-law of Achyuta Devaraya and the sister of the Vijayanagara queen Tirumalamba. It is believed that Chevvappa received the kingdom of Thanjavur from Achyutadevaraya as stridhana (dowry). Maternal grandfather Kanthambattu worked with him. 

My grandfather Kanthambhattu  wrote the history of Arunachala temple on palm leaves. "Vedika Charitra" "Aryucharitra" written by his grandson, my great grandfather, is an unprinted manuscript. Although these ancient books have been moved by historical researchers and the government, still  many books written by our ancestors remain in our ancestral home in Tanjavur.

My grandfather passed away when I was twelve.  Later my grandmother persuaded Somidevamma and brought her to Madras and my mother looked after  her during her last days. She tutored me in music during her last days. That's my lively hood. 


When Meenakshi finished her ancestral story, Angayar looked at her with adoration " such a great saga! Such great dynasty! Did you tell your son about it?

Meenakshi: I was not married at the time of my grandmother's death. My mother died five years after my marriage, and Agastya was young at that time. He did not have the age to understand such thigs as dynasty. Later when he was  old enough the home environment is negative. When my father passed Agastya came here. It was mourning time I could not tell him everything. Later when we went back to visakha the trouble started with my husband's affair with Grace - a 18 year old girl. He was stubborn. we were separated. I lived in visakha for one year with a hope that my husband changes but in vain. I left him to God and left my son for studies in the hostel and came Chennai. Agastya came here and I tried to tell him. 

When I tried to tell him about it yesterday  he said " what is the use of such history!" 

Youth of current generation  is crazy about fashions. Movies and girls are big attractions to them not history, however great it its. They have no room for history in their hearts. 

Looking  amazingly at Meenakshi  Angayar said "One must be lucky  even to touch you.    A man who  walked  seven steps  with you  resorted to adultery and divorce is disgusting and stinking.  Actually I asked you how you married an Andhra man. reminded Angayar


Menakshi : Men give into lust and do anything easily. My husband proved it. We Indians believe that marriages are made in heaven. It is true. My mother one visited our relatives in Sampath nagar , Aseelmetta area Visakha. I accompanied her. We had to stay in our relatives house for a month as my mother fell ill. During that one month my husband served my mother with love and devotion. He was a small employee and the tenant in my relative's house. My mother was impressed with his character and physical charm and decided to give her daughter (me) to him in marriage.

Angayar : If somebody writes your story it becomes a sensational book. I heard - may be it is a rumour - you are going to marry Vikraman. Is it true? Is this house given free to you?

Meenakshi: My history is less important than  my son's future. I want his future to be bright.  I will tell you the story of Vikram.

                                              ***

Crystal bar is  5 minutes from GMC Nungabakkam. Senthil , Aravan, Perumal and Agastya reached the bar by two motorcycles. They are sitting at the corner table in Crystal bar. Perumal ordered four beers. Agastya refused to drink. 

Aravan said " If you are discussing Ragini you need some beer to make hearts light.
Agastya : If my mother notices the smell her hand gets heavy,  I get my hearty heavy
Senthil : It should amount to hill of beans. 
Agastya : Love is full of beans. It is devil of a job getting her heart.
Senthil : If you have the art you get the heart. 
Be wise, Otherwise It is hard to get heart of an angel.
Agastya : So Ragini is an angel and you are trying to get her love?
Of course if she loves you I will get away from your way but tell me how can you three people love her at the same time. The three were silent. They were looking at each other. The beer was served into glasses. They said " cheers!"  They were slowly sipping the beer one signalling the other to answer Agastya but none is able to begin. Agastya understood their dilemma. " O.K . perhaps you are restrained by the fact that I am her Aunt's son. In fact I am not her aunt's son but my mother and Dr. Malavika are friends. 
Perumal: Who is Dr. Malavika?
Agastya: She is Ragini's mother.
All the three medicos got cheered up and drank the beer in one gulp and put the glasses on the table with a sigh of relief. Perumal ordered another bottle for each. Agastya was amused but said " I can not drink one more" " Don't worry I will take care of your share" said Perumal. At the same time two men entered the bar and sat beside them at a two table. One of them is plum and the other man is lean and has a square jaws. The waiter came to them. They ordered something. The waiter went away. Agastya felt that he had seen the square jawed man somewhere.  
Aravan: Do you know what he ordered? 
Nobody was able to answer. Aravan laughed and said "   They ordered Tranqueray"  

Senthil : Why should you laugh if they order Tranqueray.
Aravan laughed again and said " It is dry gin. 
Perumal : But it's expensive. It costs three thousand rupees. 
Aravan: O come on!  Dr. Perumal , learn the world. Gin is ladies' drink. He likes it.
Senthil : Why ladies drink,  he likes ladies too! He is a womanizer. He is the director of Jasmine International school. Agasthya's brain was lighted up. The darkness is gone. His mother Meenakshi introduced him to the lean tall man with square jaws. His name is Ramachandran. 

"Leave the shit , we care a damn what he drinks who he sleeps with!"  Permal dismissed Senthil.  "We never saw Ragin's mother nor heard about her. Ragini is a deep hearted girl." she never leaves a clue about her family." said Aravan. " " Leave her family and all that stuff, we have really met a gentleman who is ready to give up his friend if she loves us." Agastya was not mindful that conversation because he heard the lean man, Ramachandran  ask the plum man " What does Meenakshi say? You got success?" " No I could not meet her for  a month"  replied the plum man.  "She is one of the most beautiful women Aiswarya rai is next to her" said Ramachandran.  "But you said Angayar is the most beautiful woman?" asked the plum man.  " Vikram, If Aiswarya , Angayar and Meenakshi stand in a line the first prize goes to Meenakshi." Ramachandran kept laughing ha ha hhaa....

The plum man's face changed colours. "I don't like others praise her so much."  said the plum man. He finished his last gulp and got up.  "Ummm.. possessiveness" said Ramachandran and got up as he finished the last peg.  Agastya kept staring at them. They waked towards the counter. The counter was brighter. The plum man was handsome. "Oh! The two men are Ramachandran and Vikraman!" thought Agastya. They  left the bar.

What is the relation between Vikraman and Ramachandran? Is Vikraman the chairman of Vikram estates?  Why is he so possessive about Meenakshi. Agastya could not think anymore.   Agastya's mind was empty. His glass was also empty. Agastya lost himself in thought. His eyes are vacant. Senthil has shaken Agastya into this world. Agastya came in to senses with a shock and said " I think I must go but before I go,  I must know how she is messing up with your love?" Said Agastya. 

Perumal: For three years I have been in love with her. I got no answer. 
Senthil: For two years I have been in love with her. I got no answer.
Aravan : For a year I have been in love with her. I have no answer from her. 
Agastya: Then why don't you leave her. 
Perumal :Be cause she never refused me. 
Senthil : She never refused me either!
Aravan : She promised to love me if I do something and get viral on the Internet. 
Senthil : Sounds great! what would you like to do to pass the love test?
Aravan :  I do bike wheeling  on Anna flyover and post the video on internet.  

Agastya : Bike wheeling?! Don't do misadventures! She maintained three of you  because she could not  refuse. She must have thought that your love drifts away as time passes. But unfortunately you are very stubborn. None is giving up. She is trying to get rid of you. Be careful with stunt biking. Agastya left the bar.


                                                            ***
 

Agastya reached Lotus apartment. It was not late. He was pleasantly surprised to see Ragini and Dr. Malavika at his place. Agastya congratulated himself on arriving early. Meenakshi felt happy but did not express it. "Mom, how is your fever?" Asked Agastya as he entered. Meenakshi smiled. Her smile is fresh. Agastya asked the question again. " If you are balanced and disciplined I remain healthy and happy" said Meenakshi. Dr. malavika said to Meenakshi " Now we must go, It is getting late." Agastya looked at Ragini. Is she beautiful. He remembered Lakuma. She has the same big eyes, thighs and breast.  Lakuma is beautiful but Ragini is  sexually attractive. He asked Dr. Malavika to stay for a few more minutes.  He turned to his mother and said " ask them to stay a few more minutes"  Meenakshi smiled and said " They came an hour ago. They have to go to Nungambakkam."  How do you go?" she asked Dr. Malavika. "We came by car" said Ragini. They walked to the lift, Meenakshi accompanied them to the lift.  Meenakshi wanted to see them off at the car. She was getting into lift but Dr. Malavika resisted and suggested that she should stay back and take rest. Agastya, see them off at the car! said Meenakshi and stayed back.

Dr. Mvalavika is in yellow saree and Ragini is in  green long skirt and pink blouse. Agastya, Ragini and Dr. Malavika were in the lift. The Lift was sliding softly. Ragin's frontal beauty is showing up in the mirrors.  Her curvy figure is enticing his appetite. Her perfume is intoxicating. um haaa he sniffed the air gently without making any sound. Ragini sensed it. The lift reached the ground floor. They walked to the car. Dr. Malavika sat behind the steering Ragini sat beside her.  Agastya waved  his hand. The car moved. 

Agastya came back and changed. Meenakshi started serving. Agastya " I can serve myself, let us eat together" said Agastya. Agastya remained quiet while eating. Meenakshi said "You are going alone to see the city. I will take leave and show you some interesting places tomorrow." Not necessary mom,  you take leave if you want to rest at home." said  puzzled Agastya. But Meenakshi insisted on taking him to Ashtalakshmi Temple near Eliot beach. I will also take you to history museum Dakshni charitra that depicts the culture and lifestyle of all four South Indian states –  via more than 4000 artefacts. "

 Mom , I don't like history museums. I want to go alone roam unplanned. said Agastya.

How did your day go? said Meenakshi after finishing the supper. 

Agastya remembered Ramachandran and Vikraman. He said "I met two interesting people today"  "who are they? Asked Meenakshi. Agastya realized his mistake. He said" Dr, Malavika and Ragini,"  Meenakshi was surprised. It was conspicuous on her face.  Agastya sensed danger.  He thought " If I talk more, the smell of truth and beer both may come out.  So far so good." He entered the bed room and shut the door.  Agastya leaned to the closed door and laid his hand on his chest.  My God narrow escape! She has not got a doubt because exactly two people came here. He slept early under the influence of beer. 

                                                   ***

The next day is full of surprises and shocks for Meenakshi and Agastya. When Agastya woke up Meenakshi had gone to school. Senthil has sent a Aravan's bike wheeling video to his WhatsApp. Like Baby shark of 2017 and Despacito of 2020 It has been viral on the internet the video has attracted more than 5 million viewers. Agastya had goose bumps when he watched the video. The deadly stunts on Anna flyover are blood chilling. At American Consulate building on the fly over he has performed devilish feet of switching back wheel to front wheel and the snake cuts and twists he performed sent chills down the spine of Agastya. He stopped the video and got off the bed and walked into the living room. "This video will fulfil his dream" he thought and picked up the day's news paper. Police arrested the youth for performing stunt biking." Agastya collapsed in the sofa. 

                                                                             ***
The classes are suspended in the Jasmine international school. Meenakshi  and Angayar sat in the staff room.  The class work is suspended but the teachers are asked to take up exam paper evaluation." saying so Diana stepped in. The other teachers who are already involved with piles of exam sheets lifted their heads and smiled. One among them, a forty year old lady teacher said "The classes are suspended in all schools. SFI has called for nation wide bandh." She said. "She is Tanya our new social teacher." said Diana. Meenakshi and Agayar greeted her with a smile. Diana introduced them to Tanya. Angayar said " I have never seen you before. when did you join?" "Last week" replied Tanya.   "What happened to the old social teacher Kamala?" said Meenakshi. there was no reply. silence reigned  the staffroom for a minute.  Breaking the silence Angayar said "Thanks to SFI we got some relief today." said Angayar.  Music teacher's should not say that. You have no exams and so you have no paper work. Music teachers are very lucky." said Rajeswari science teacher. Meenakshi and Angayar looked at each other. "Distant hills look green!" said Angayar with a deep sigh of despair. Only Diana her counsellor knows the reason behind her despair. Angayar got off from her chair and pulled Meenakshi from her chair by hand. Her heavy butt got stuck up in the chair" Angayar had to pull harder to get her out. Meenakshi was embarrassed.  Let's roam in the lawns" she said. Meenakshi in peach saree and maroon blouse, Angayar in turquoise saree and blue blouse moved out- They looked like two butterflies flying together. 

Men in the campus kept staring at them from back. "Do you know why men keep staring at your back?" Asked Angayar as they walked. Meenakshi felt shy, she understood what Angayar was telling. "  You do any work out to maintain the big booties?" asked Angayar.  shut up you have a husband you need such exercises , not I " dismissed Meenakshi. " Yes, I have a husband.  I have forgotten it. Thanks for reminding" Angayar's face turned pale. Meenakshi felt sorry. Just then a who man passed them was looking back. " look back Meena you will find the man staring at your high rise cup shapes."said Angyar without looking back. How do you know without looking back. asked Meena. Just look back and tell me. Meenakshi looked back and saw the man looking back. He was puzzled as Meenakshi saw him and walked swiftly away. Meenakshi said, " it is true but your sense is amazing" Said Meenakshi. " It is not my sense It is common sense. A woman who has big booty is the centre of attraction, people constantly stare at her. " " I don't believe." said Meenakshi.

You don't know what is happening behind you. I know. I know what people are talking about you behind back. " I am not comfortable at people paying attention to my body. I am ashamed of it." said Meenakshi. " " I know that but I want to tell you something, today is the right time. we have so much of free time.  Perhaps you have look at life differently and reconsider your view about beauty. Do you know the man who passed just now is Ravindra from Rajastan. He is the rifle shooting coach. He is an Olympics gold medallist. "Oh! it is so great!" said Meenakshi. "Off course! it is, but beauty is thousand times more powerful than such Gold medals. Look at Aiswarya rai what Gold medals she has. Yet she made a big name and money and won several honours. So enjoy the honour. 

Meenakshi blushed and remained silent. They were walking towards the the distant extension buildings of the school. "Look at the buildings! Some NRIs are funding the school, I think Otherwise  where from they are bringing all this money? " said Angayar kanne. " Why do you bother about all those things? Our chairperson Vaisali is rich enough." said Meenakshi.  I have heard that she is the daughter of affluent industrialist who owned a chain of departmental stores and hotels. Haven't you?  " said Angayar.  " I haven't. I don't bother about the whole town, tell me what you heard about me?" said Meenakshi. 

Angayar stopped walking and turned her head sideways. Uh... I am hurt. You think that I am a news monger? said Angayar showing mock anger. Meenakshi turned Angayar's face by her chin  and said gently " Did I say that you are a news monger? " " You did not say but it means the same, you hurt me  so console me." Angayar showed stiffness. 

Meenakshi was angry too " okay don't tell me, keep the rumours with you." said Meenakshi and started walking ahead. " Meena .. Meena why don't you console me?" Angayar fell after her. Meenakshi was walking with quick steps. She is cool  but only pretending anger. Suddenly Meenakshi looked back  Angayar's face was grim "You console your son why do you console me?" said Angayar with anguish. "Meenakshi came near Angayar and said " He is a young boy, Angi"  " I am much younger than you. I am like your younger sister. Meenakshi gave Angayar a kiss on her cheek. They both walked together, cheek by jole. 

They possessed the dignity of mountain ranges  
They flowed together like the sacred Ganges
Lo! the passionate beholders their breath hold
and look how all Shelly's romantic themes mould 
into their movements before they get clean bowled 
in moments, for young or old can't stand cold
It is often told that all men go into beauty's fold
Beauty is the reason behind many a crime untold
Heart becomes a thief  when beauty is Gold. 


Meenakshi : Tell me what people are talking about me!
Angayar : Are you prepared?
Meenakshi : Yes, Certainly  they do not speak good but I am prepared 
Angayar : Are you in relationship with Vikram?
Meenakshi : Come to the point. Don't ask questions
Angayar : Vikram has offered to you what no one can offer unless..
Meenakshi : Vikram has offered me the flat , I never asked for it. 
Angayar : Nobody can ask. You must have offered him something 
Meenakshi : Shut up! 
Angayar : That is what people talking. you are in relationship with Vikram.
Meenakshi: It is true!  We met five years ago. He always helped me, sent me gifts. For two years he never tried to meet me or talk to me. We met accidently and later on important occasions.  He started looking for my company. The second year we met three times and spoke only a few sentences. Third year he proposed to me. I did not reply for months.   That has brought a big hiatus.  After six months we met in the hospital. He met with a car accident.  He told me that he had made a big mistake by proposing to me. He regretted  the loss of a friend.  For the fear of losing the relation he talked very limited. I began understanding him. You say that all men stare at women but he never. We went out a few times, travelled by car. He never tried to touched me, nor stared at me.  

Angayar : Is he a man or like my man?

                                                             ***



No comments:

Post a Comment