Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Monday, June 6, 2022

Graveyard - 10 sonnets

            1.Solitary Poet

Oh solitary poet in the  gloomy graveyard

why hangest here  for a  promenade 

The night is cold and the scene is dreadful 

Why is the smile on your lips so wistful?

Screeching owls squawking rooks 

flickering flame  all hopes in wrecks

what of your fame that reached apogee

why wanderst thou like a refugee

Abundant tombs, withered wreaths

souls sauntering without sheaths

This is what remains when life ends

No one  ever death transcends

Too short is life's window

Bygone is all but a shadow


              2. Fate's Puppet

Ah I burned all my youthful time at home

churning my mind and building my own tomb

I had the dream with my fiancĂ©e to roam

But alas crooked time has build my love's doom


where ever I went I had flowers and garlands

people in distant lands to my work folded hands

My name crossed frame and passed like a popular song 

My fame burned like a torch and went with a bang


My middle age witnessed  little bit of tension  

To my health I started paying attention

to dim a eye love seems like a perversion

I dared not decide and kept it in suspension


 I now go to grave with drums and trumpets

Men at fate's disposal are always puppets


             3. Urgent Farewell     

Living  in a prestigious palace built of marble 

Wearing rich apparel whose colors always sparkle

Moving in luxurious vehicles feeling like a king

you never thought what time's hand armed with a sling

can throw at you and what it can suddenly bring 

Oh king so soon the time's sling made you a thing 

while you are still healthy and young 

Oh! still shines your queen's engagement ring

your vision is  filled with great dreams

of success and winning  business schemes

Who knows how soon the death bells knell

no one can ever tell or redeem the time's spell

When death warrants, life never waits to farewell

so sudden and unknown is death you can't smell



          Heaven's guest

Death cant me scare it is a never ending sleep

the bitter truth is that I've forgotten how to sleep

writing day and night I have gone into letters deep

Oh loving friend!  don't any flowers keep 

Don't ever cry at my grave, go read my verses

discover the rhythm that surely your heart nurses

If you sit and sing my songs my spirit you surround

I sing with you, for sure discover me singing around

Death can my breath squeeze but can't me scare 

I might my body lose my spirit can thoughts wear

I always lived in thoughts and thoughts never die

Death never touches me so don't at my grave cry

Body is always a pest when you have the writing quest

You lack nothing when you die, you are heaven's guest


5.Life is not a Big deal

Worry not! Life is not a big deal 

It is a matter of turning wheel

between two strings it's God's spiel

a string to body and a string to soul

no one knows what is maker's goal

mortal man's part is to play his role

Life may not everyday glow

but receives blow after blow

happiness is just a moment's show

trouble and grief  have their own row

Worry not! Life is not a big deal 

It is a matter of turning wheel

worry not if you cease to be

Death is certainly rebirth's key


              6. Emptiness

Remember not those beautiful moments

which reflect life's lavish endowments

When the golden glory goes to rodents

Remember not  all the antecedents


forget not that each beautiful moment

is followed by its deadly opponent 

pleasure with pain, sun with rain

but everything is different on death plain


complete joy and unlimited rest

in silence under the earth's crust

no worldly attractions to lure

no fear of rejection or failure


A vast nothingness, symbol of emptiness

and the spindle of ultimate happiness


    7. Cicada, owl and wild wind.

Since long  I am here in this house  

The roof is so low and apt for a mouse

It is always dark here but I have no fear

but how long I live here is not clear


Oh where is my moon where is my Sun

I could see only my weeping wife and son 

She sits so close and keeps a red rose

on the roof and sings a song then goes


The song that we sang on wedding day

my son was not gay cuz house began to decay

I don't know what happened to my mill

I don't know how long should I chill

  

I am left all alone without a friend

except cicada, owl and wild wind.


       8. Grand funeral

let the funeral procession be grand

hire the monstrous musical band 

Let fireworks have the upper hand

Let the whole town shake with sound


Let the funeral procession be grand

Stop the traffic and make his brand

everywhere let flex banners be hanged

make it grand,  write it on beach sand


Let the funeral procession be grand

paint his name on hill and hand 

Let the death news , whole media command

and demand mourners until the world understand 


That someone so humble so noble

passed away and his death is a modal. 



                         9. Death 

Death is an iron curtain to restless struggle

a prolonged  pause to the worthless juggle

a much awaited recess to stay on different level

an uninvited mess to play with many a devil 


in eerie world you see many dark shadows 

that befriend your ghost which foreshadows

your nights in which you see  grisly sights

filled with muffled cacophonous fights


Death is an iron curtain to restless struggle

a prolonged  pause to the worthless juggle

a much awaited recess to stay on different level

an uninvited mess to play with many a devil 


Future life may be myth but death is truth

Truth is beauty and truth will your soul sooth


              10. Journey

everybody comes, everybody goes

no one knows where everybody goes

man or woman , king or queen

nobody returns that is the routine


Life is  routine. It's never ending journey 

with births and deaths it's a weird tourney

skip or jump but you have to run 

Shun your fear dun your skin run and run 


If your breath is out you are done

If you want rest leave the skin 

God is the judge  to Him it is fun

walk or jump but you cant jump higher

than God. He sets the rules He's the umpire 

He is the hedge God is the judge 











2 comments:

  1. Graveyard. The final destination of everyone. A peaceful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel I am even worthy to give a review for this sir. Each line hits hard with very deep meaning

    ReplyDelete