Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Monday, February 6, 2023

Downing street stories -38

Armugam dashed in and settled in the chair while he was talking to Varadachari. DR.Amavasa looked seriously at Armugam. "What is this? How could you dash in without permission ?" Said Dr.Amavasa. Armugam did not bother about Amavasa's feelings. Amavasa, He called emotionally " I want some money, Very urgent!" He said. 

Amavasa smiled sheepishly at Varadachari. Armugam  looked at Varadachari. " Oh! Dance maestro! How are you?  He said to Varadachari and turned to Dr. Amavasa " I know him. He is very close to me. we both are devotees of the same God. Amavasa  said " I am not pleased. I am annoyed." 



"Amavasa.  Please give me rupees 2000. Very urgent." said Armugam. 

"No, I don't have" said Amavasa. "Please take from your patient! It is very urgent." Armugam said. Dr. Amavasa and Varadachari both looked at him strangely but their looks did not deter Armugam. At least for the life saving water." He said showing the water bottle he had given Amavasa. "Is it life saving water?" Asked Amavasa. Yes it is proven. It has saved my life. " said Armugam. With doubled enthusiasm he shot himself to Dr. Amavasa's chair, caught his ear and whispered. "My girl friend asked me to take her to pub. Suddenly   I found myself bankrupt." 

Dr. Amavasa's relented. He acquiesced. "He knows the value of girl friend.  Varadachari smiled. He could hear what Armugam said. "He asked what is a pub?"

A pub is as important to lover as Varanasi is to a Hindu. At least once in life time one must go to pub with a girl friend. said Armugam to Varada. 

Dr. Amavasa, have you gone to pub? asked Varadachari.

"I have no girl friend." said Amavasa.  "Oh! is it? Can we go with wife?" asked Varada

Yes, why not? said Armugam.  "That i a good idea Amavasa, you can go with your wife."

Dr. Amavasa's face black as his name suggests. It turned blacker and sadder. 

What is so special about pub? asked Varadachari. 

Pubs is a dimly lit restaurants with loud music with a limited food and a wide beverage menu. Some pubs have open space where people may dance some people go with girl friends and some people go with friends. said Amavasa.  Varadachari got off the chair. 

Dr.Amavasa " Carry some amount of cash for tip  It is very important. wear shoes- to be allowed into the pub. Most importantly, if you are going to drink,  hire a cab. I Suggest you choose a pub and visit it with your more experienced friends." Dr.Amavasa gave tips and money to Armugam. Armugam kissed Amavasa and left as hurriedly as she had come.

                                                     ***

Diana and Kumkum are standing at the window Kumkum's flat. "The swimming pool view is fantastic." Said Daina.  In the golden rays of the early sun the kids are swimming in the pool. The sun light is turning everything into gold. In the open space of the Lotus apartments in Vikram estates the kids playing in the kids play area.

Kumkum's gaze is fixed on the children.  A mother is helping her six year old son to swim. Another mother held her baby in arms and showing the spectacle. There are  several apartments in Vikram estates. Lotus  is the most expensive of all.

I couldn't be a mother. lamented Kumkum

never mind. Take it lightly. said Diana and lighted a cigeratte.

she took a long puff.  Leaving the smoke in rings she said "

You are flithy rich , you are so beautiful. Learn to enjoy your life."

How can I? asked Kumkum. 

Like me , look at me last weekend I went to Pondicherry and spent the whole night with my boyfriend Desmond. This weekend I want to go with my new boyfriend. " said Diana. " New boy friend!" said Kumkum with shcok and surprise.  Diana  let out thick smoke luxuriantly. 

Rings of smoke big, bigger and the biggest All losing shape and vanishing in the air.  Life is so short like the rings of smoke. Said Diana. 

I can not be as free as you. I can not change boyfriends like you. It is very hard to understand your philosophy. said Kumkum

One day your body becomes smoke and mixes up in the air just like this. Nobody is going to write our biographies, read and remember our  stories.  

The door bell rang. The maid went and opened the entrance door. It was Angayar. Oh! come in Angayar. She brought Angayar to the window. Another maid gave her fruit juice. After drinking the juice Angayar wished to tour around Kumkum's house.

 Is it a mysore palace or museum? I never entered your house before. It is amazing. Oh My God. Kumkum you are blessed. Look at my life. I am living in the C block. Once you visit this house it is hard to step into my apartment. said Angayar.

That is why I say again live your life , enjoy your life. said Diana.

Shut up Diana you are in 20s. You are too young to talk about life. Kumkum is already enjoying her life. Owning a house near Tidel park area  is a fancy tale for you and I. 

Ok. Ok.  you don't quarrel. Let us start to parrys corner shop. Today I must give salaries to the new salesmen. since my husband has gone to Rajastan. I must visit  my shop but we must wait for Tanya. 

I don't think Tanya will come. She calle me up and told me. said Anagayar. 

Diana: Why what is her problem? 

She is infested with more problems then anyboy. Her problems are without solution. She is fighting with shadows. She is worried more about the school and society. Yestady day there were cultural programs in the school which are derogatory to Hindu culture. 

I remember her didcussing the same anti-Hindu programs when Meenakshi was working here.  Yes, She told me that is the reason for her leaving her old school.  said Angayar

Now and then she discussed the dwindling ethics in the schools. I don't understand her philosophy. said Diana.  " Your philosophy is different." said Angayar satirically.

Come let us go to Parrys let us have breakfast and lunch outside. said Kumkum

Oh! come on let us go. said Diana. 

I am not lucky like both of you. I must go to Vadapalani to my company.

Hello! today is Sunday. reminded Diana. 

That is for you. My manager says that we  must  work half  day on Sundays. 

Thank God. He is sending home for night to the husabnd. Said Diana

Kumkum laughed. Angayar's face turned red. " You are rich, you are careless I am neither" said Angayar and started walking out. She stopped at the  door and said " Kumkum, your house is so beautiful. One day I will try to own a B class apartment although I can never own a palace like this!" Kumkum smiled and said " surely you will." Angayar left.

Kumkum and Diana got down to the ground floor by lift. The driver was waiting with car by the pool side. Kumkum took the keys from the dirver and sent him away. They both sat in the car kumkum started the car and after a minute she stopped by the lawns. 

The golden sunlight has filled the lawns. It was warm. The children are playing.

"Look how happily the Kids and youngsters are playing. What do you think when you look at them?" asked Kumkum "Away from the confinement and constraint of four walls the children should play.  Outdoor activities trigger more enthusiasm in kids. They become more active Their enhances physical and mental fitness level. Sports are necessary for children." Diana delivered a lecture Kumkum laughed and said " Don't we get dull without physical activity? off course , we need games but we can not play like them, Adults have different games to play. said Diana and winked and felt sorry for winking at Kumkum.

I like you Diana. I like your freedom. Be who you are. Be as free as you are. Thought I can not be as free as you are.  I agree with you. I need them not for exercise but to live as a woman. I could not be a mother. At least I must live like a woman.  

"I have a way with old people. I can bring your husband to your way." said Diana  

 You young devil! You have a way for everything.  Please spare your wit. 

I understand that you need a man not men in your life. That is fine. Shall I introduce a man to you. You might like each other. said Diana. 

No need I have a man whom I like so much.  I like his physical charm and modest behaviour.  My mind is fixed on him. But his mind is fixed on a job. I offered him money but he refused. 

He is Agastya, Am I right? asked Diana. Kumkum was surprised and also felt shy.

I will tell you how to takle such boys. They don't take money. They speak ethics. There is another way to do it. said Diana. "Tell me what is it? " Kumkum's voice was enthusiastic her face was lit with curiosity.  " It is a sure shot plan but you have to offer him job with good salary? " said Diana. 

Good salary means how much? 

Boys at that age work in software companies day and night for 40 to 50 k. Look Angayar is very proud of her salary 80k. She loses her Sundays also for it." Said Diana

We are paying one lakh for our senior sales men. In all big jewellery showrooms the salaries are in the same rage. We are not special. When Kumkum conclude Diana had a jolt. 

"The school is paying me 40k. Please recommend me to your husband for the salesperson job." "I can appoint you, No need of my husband." said Kumkum. Diana was pleasantly surprised. "He will approach you himself shortly." said Diana. Kumkum was pleasantly surprised. The car started. 

                                                                ***

When red Volks wagon stopped in front of the house Angayar and Tanya stared at it.  Who is it that came to my house by car?  Muttered Angayar. Yes, you stopped stitching months ago! It is unlikely to be a customer,” said Tanya.

Diana got down from the car and waved at her friends.  I bought a new car 

Said Diana cheerfully.  On EMIs? Said Tanya. Congratulations! Said Angayar

Later She also congratulated Diana and said “ Have you shown it to Kumkum?

Diana laughed and laughed “How was last night? She asked Angayar.

It was a wonderful experience. Said Angayar.

What? what happened last night? asked Tanya suspiciously

Ha hha hha ha Angayar laughed. Her laughter raised more suspicion in Tanya.   She turned to Diana. “Diana, you are spoiling everybody.” She shouted.  Diana chortled. “Have I chosen wrong friends? How can married women do this?” said Tanya with a voice filled with anguish and pain.

O My God! Tanya, stop your wild imaginations, nothing that sort has happened.

What is that wonderful experience last night? asked Tanya.

Angayar showed vodka bottle from the cupboard. Tanya was agape.

Is it last night's wonderful experience? She asked Angayar.

 ha hha hha hha hha hhhhhha hhhhhhhh laughed Diana.

Shut up! what is that wild laughter even devil's get frightened. said Tanya angrily.. “How mean you are Tanya. Angayar had troubled sleep. She has to work hard in her company. 

Tanya: That is called labour exploitation. 

Diana: She gets tired physically when she reaches home. You know her home environment is mentally very stressful.  

Tanya: But her husband is cool and calm. What is the problem?

Diana: That is the problem. He is calm and cool. He doesn’t do anything

Tanya did not understand anything but after a few seconds she said “Oh! I understood the problem now but Diana you have given medicine I think. Isn’t it working.” Asked Tanya

I have a joint family. I reach home mentally tired. At home my aunt keeps all the work ready for me. At school I am mentally tired at home I am physically tired. My case is exactly opposite to Angayar’s. 

Problems are common to all. Said Angayar. 

I have no problems. Said Diana. 

Yes, you changed for a better job. You are making more money. Said Angayar

It is not money that made her free. She doesn’t care for anything even human relations. From the beginning she is like that. Sometimes I wonder how you can live like that? you are born free girl.  Said Tanya 

So, at least there is one person who has no problems. I wish I had no problems like you but my problem has no solution. Said Angayar 

Angayar you can solve her problem. Every problem has a solution. Tanya you have no problem. You are creating problems. You must consult psychologist. 

Diana’s comments irked Tanya. Tanya’s face turned red with anger. She became furious. Her voice harsh “ what do you know about my problems at school?” She shouted at Diana. 

Your problems at school are meaningless. The school will not follow your ideas. It has its own policy. If the school promotes secular ideas or western culture it is not your business. to brood about it and break your head. Your problems are trivial and laughable!

I must go to school I have no time to argue with you. Said Tanya.

"I must report early today. I must start to Vadapalani." said Angayar

I have no hurry today is Thursday. Thursday is my off. We mut celebrate this weekend that is my new car party. Said Diana and got into her new Volks wagon.

                                                                    ***

The room is large and dark. There is a flickering candle at one end of the room.  The light from the candle is unable to fill the large room. There are shawdows moving on the walls in the semidarkness.  There is a creaking noise of the rocking chair. Vidisha sat in the rocking chair and chanting the sonnets.The clock struck 12.00.  She saw Syamala sat by the flickering candle and writing the sonnets.  The two souls n a trance in the dimly lit rooom.  Hours passed in the semidarkness. The beams of sunlight filled the room. Vidisha opened her eyes and looked at Syamala. She was fast asleep. She went near her and saw the note book filled with sonnets. Syamala's pen is sleeping in her hand.  Vidisha tried to take the pen from her hand. Syamala opened her eyes.  They  heard some through the noises. They looked through the window of the first floor. They saw gathering at the gate. 

Mata Nilayam was closed for the day. The visitors and devotees who came from distant palces are disappointed to see the paddlocked gates. A security man was standnig behind the huge black gates and telling visitors that Amma kept vigil through the previous night. A distant visitor was knocking at the gates demanding admission. "I am the neview of Venkatadri. Let me in." He said.  The intruder had an argument with the security. 

That was loud enough to disturb Seshachalam. He came down from the upstairs. The guards of Mata Nilayam followed him. When he reached the gates He saw the young man shouting for admission. " I came from Sabbavaram. My uncle Venkatadri is the richest land lord in the village.   The gaurds have opened the gates and tried to convince him to go away but he insisted on seeing Amma. "I have very urgent and important work. I must be allowed." He said.  "The city mayor was denied admission. He went back. You are not greater than him." said Seshachalam. 

Vidisha and Syamala came back from the window sat in the chair. Syamala sat by her feet. Vidisha said " Sit on the chair, I am not Amma to friends. I have no powers I am just like you" She said. Syamala has beaten on her cheeks with open palms showing that it is sin to sit on chair or listen to such words. " You have the real powers. How can you tell all the 200 sonnets without seeing the book? You are extraordinary. There is some super natural power in you. The people fighting to see you. They are not mad." She said.  

Meantime a group of visitors who were waiting under the tree in a distance quickly came up to the gate. They requested Seshachalam to let them in. "My uncle is the richest landlord in Sabbavaram. He helped this man grow and this man has forgotton the one who helped him." The young man was complaining to the public. Some body pushed him from behind. There erupted a scuffle.  A press photographer clicked it. While the gaurds were trying to stop him  from taking photos another photographer jumped off the wall and ran towards the water pipe and climbed up to the window. He saw Vidisha in the rocking chair and Syamala at her feet. 

He clicked his camera. The flash fell on their faces and their eyes dazzled. The camera man vanished from the window but he was caught at the entrance gate. There was a scuffle again.

Syamala said " I feel very sorry. You told me what happens if you spend a night with me. I did not understand that the aftermath could be so serious. I now understood." said Syamala.

                                                            *** 

Anandanilayam is wearing an empty look. The moon is overlooking the Radhamanohar flowers. The night jasmine has  spread  its perfume around the house. In the stillness of the night the footsteps of the passers by is clearly heard. The rhythm of Mrudanga is mixed up in the sound of quick succession of their foot steps.   They slowed down as the gust of  fragrant wind touched their nostrils. They stood and inhaled the  aromatic breeze. "What a beautiful garden!" said one. "What a lovely scent." said the other. 

 They are looking at the bunches of flowers  overgrown and hanging from the creepers. Suddenly the gust of wind brought the rhythm of Mrudanga. They stood listening to the soul touching music of  Mrudanga. Time stood still for a few moments. Suddenly soft motor sound of the car was heard disturbing the music. They turned their heads,  saw a car coming towards Anandanilayam and quickly walked away. 

When the car stopped there the doors of Anandanilayam opened. Malini was stood at the door looking at the gates. Manjusha was about to get down from the car to open the gates. Sandeep who was sitting beside her stopped her and planted a series of hot kisses on her cheeks, neck and throat brushing his nose against her throat he went down and pressed his face against her stiff  round breast. Manjusha swieled and shuddered while Sandeep was relishing the feminine odour of her body. Manjusha looked into his face his eyes were showing the intensity of the demonic desire. She suddenly pushed him off and said " It is not your Bangalore office. It is car! My mom has come out and waiting at the door mind you!" We must go to Bangalore again." Sandeep pleaded. " That we will discuss later" She pushed him out of the car. Sandeeep went away. Manjusha opened the gates and started the car. 

Malini saw Manjusha driving the car in. She entered the gates and drove in. The tyres of the Jaguar car crushed some sapplings. Malini was shouting " you are crushing PLANTS, STOP.. STOP..." Kesava stopped playing Mrudanga on hearing the shouting and came out. Manjush did not hear anything from inside the car. She parked the car in the premises. 

Kesava went running to the gates and closed them. " When Manju came to the door Malini was very angry. " It is 10.00 PM is it the time to reach home? I don't like your night outings, You are a young girl of marriageable age, remember you ?" Shouted. 

Mom, stop fuming. I told you that I was going to attend the Syamala's book release function. I was invited as the chief guest at the function. It won't look nice to escape while Amma ( Vidisha ) was coming to the function. 

"Ye, yes,  She has given you the jagwar. It won't look nice if you miss the function." teased Kesava. Manjusha flew off the handle "Have sense and think straight Kesava. I am concerned with my brother's book not the car. I can return it tomorrow." Manjush shouted at Kesava. 

Malini: Shut up! Manju!! You are not concerned about the sonnets. Kesava is more concerned about the sonnets , he wrote the sonnets while Varsha was speaking out. He sang them several times playing the Mrudanga. I never saw you doing it. 

Manjusha: If he is so concerned why did he not come to the meeting. The high and rank from the city attended the function. They all praised me, showered encomiums on me. You missed my glory and ganndeur. 

Malini: You insolent stupid! That is not your glory it is the glory of the literature.  They praised the literature and respected you because you are his sister. It is incidental, nothing special.  Syamala and Vidisha invited you for the same reason  (to avoid any possible objections from your brother.) 

Don't ever speak such words,  Syamala and Vidisha will be hurt

Do you know how much Nandini was hurt? 

She is swollen with pride she behaved like it she owned the sonnets. She hurt her friend Syamala but she underestimated the power of Vidisha. She could read the pages from the sonnets book from the rocking chair of her residence. 

Malini : Kesava's manuscript is lost. 

Manjusha: Chi, This is what you think about Vidisha who has been doing so much.

Malini : Look Manju, I know why you are backing up Vidisha but let me tell you I like Nandini because she is following the path of service laid by Varsha. She is walking in the path of charity and service , clinging to tradition and culture. Have you forgotten that she has built the bridge by herself? 

Kesava: It is named after her. It is called Nandini bridge.

Manju: Tomorrow if money is necessary for my marriage who is going to arrange? 

Malini and Kesava remained speechless. Manjusha threw a scornful look and said  

Vidisha has promised to arrange the money. Her mother's soul is her strength. She has the power of prediction. The whole town is after her. What does Nandini have? 

Kesava : Understanding mind, kind heart and serving hand. 

Manju: If she is so sweet go her marry her why did you accept Sundari? 

Malini's hand charged Manju's cheek instantly. Manju went into her bedroom shut the doors and started crying. "I am on the way to Ballipadu to see my fostered mother and sister Parvathi. I have stopped in Anandanilayam to see you all.  My soujourn has caused great trouble. I am sorry. Le t me go Amma" said kesava in a sorrowful voice. 

Kesava Varsha is coming from Chennai tomorrow wait till then, You can go tomorrow. Don't go at night. I will ask him to return the car first. said Malini and stopped Kesava.

Manju came cout of the bedroom like a whirlwind and threw the car keys. " I don't want car. I am not dying for the car. I have the right on my brother's literature as mucha as they have. I am the girl of this house." She went in again. 

                                              ***

Kumkum just finished bath and was wearing saree. Diana was looking at her even when she was in the bath tub. “Such a spacious bathroom luxury tiles and expensive  bath tub I have never seen even in five star hotels.” Kumkum laughed. She stood before the mirror semi nude - just a towel around her wait. “What a beauty in this age!” Said Diana looking at her figure.  Kumkum dropped the towel and picked up the saree from her wardrobe.


She is 5’ 10” tall slender figure. Shining gold complexioned silky skin almond eyes.  She has slender wrists shiny round shoulders with long hair flowing over them. She looked at her milky white big pink nipples on medium sized breasts and began wearing a pink bra and panties. “Even at forty your breasts have no hint of sag and your body retained it shape as if you were in 30.” Kumkum let out an empty smile.  “It is true your beauty has not diminished. I am not trying to flatter because you are my boss.” Said Diana again.

Kumkum said “First you are my friend. Other relations are insignificant and temporary.” She is wearing a Kanchipuram soft dark green saree on green petty coat and same colour designer blouse. Diana was looking at Kukkum. The broad back open was stunning. She pulled the draw of the wardrobe that has a dozen sets of ornaments picked a necklace. It is a golden pearl necklace. 

"This Pearl necklace designs became very popular recently among Young and middle-aged women. These are simple yet elegant for all the occasions, this is from the family of bib necklace made of multiple strands with Gold, diamond and stones pendants." Said Kumkum.

You know about the necklaces because you are a top-notch jeweller’s wife.

You are so beautiful. I envy you. I wish I were rich like you "said Diana.

"Happiness is more important than beauty. Tanya is beautiful but sad like me." I wish I were free like you. Said Kumkum. “Don’t talk about Tanya. Her unhappiness is unpardonable while your unhappiness is reasonable.

I don’t know where from she gets all these worries. Like Angayar is a weaver of money and Tanya is a weaver of worries. Tanya and Adalarasi are not seen these days.

Recently I discovered two things. Tanya picks up worries from the social media like a pig picks up dirt from the pit. She has 10,000 followers in Facebook. She breaks her head to please them. Life begins only after you stop pleasing others.

I like it Diana. “Life begins only after you stop pleasing others.” Perhaps I am doing it. I am trying to please my parents, my husband and relatives but not me. Off course , most people do the sme thing. You are not doig it. What is the second thing you have discovered?

It is about adalarasi, Have you seen her recently. Few months ago she was as dark as she is now. She is spending much of her time in the service of Angayar.

I introduced her to Angayar. She is fair girl of 35. She is not married. She is friend of Vaisali, Vikraman’s ex-wife. She is taking Varadachari to the doctor. She must be helping her.

Diana: It is a news to me. I wonder how Vaisali and vikraman got divorced?

There is nothing to worry. You don’t know about Vaisali.  While kumkum was speaking the telephone rang. Kumkum picked up the receiver and said "Yes, yes. I am going" And disconnected the call. "My husband" said Kumkum and looked perplexed. 

What happened? You look tense! asked Diana.

I have tension. My husband is in Rajastan. He is calling me to Rajastan. 

Why should you bother about going to Rajastan?

Diana: I will accompany you to Rajastan. if you want I will help.

Kukkum : what will you do there? There are bothering me for an heir.

Diana looked perplexed. "There is a big story behind it. when the time comes I will tell you." said Kumkum. 

                                                           ***


After wasting the precious moments in strife

we are feasting in the happy hours  of life

tasting the nectar of life with tranquility and wine 

say goodbye to pain and sleep tight until sun shine

wake up to greet downing street Oh! how sweet 

is the night how light are the hearts when we meet 

Agastya and Armugam were sitting at the corner table in 10 downing street. They were surprised to hear the beautiful heart touching lines from the other end of the bar.  " Beautiful verse, I remember my friend Basava who is a Pandit of blank verse. Only he could compose such poems instantly and on move." said Agastya. His eyes were searching for Basava. The bar was full of gentlemen and ladies. "There are no medical professionals this time. All software engineers." Said Agastya peering his eyes and looking all around. " Who is this pub poet? Said Armugam who sat in front of him. 

Basava sat with his colleauges waiting for the happy hours. The happy hours have come! The waiters already served the beer. Basava and his colleagues had had the first gulp. Basava's colleague asked him to repeat the verse which he had said. Basava was feeling uncomfortable to repeat. Another colleauge Bhaskar  said " You look like shakespeare."  He would prefer to be called sheik zubair not Shakespeare" said antoehr colleague. "Why? he wants to convert to Islam? " asked another colleague. "Who knows?" said the other. The fihrst colleague said " Hey! Boss is coming." alerted him. " Hey who is the boss here? It is not office it is pub." said the first colleague. The boss came here and sat with them . 

At seven it is a beautiful tavern 

at eight it is a heartful heaven

If you don't fight peace rules the night

Sip by sip problems go out of sight

"You are right Shakespeare" said Sarat. " Call him Sheik Zubair. He is in love with Noor." said Bhaskar.  "I am just in love. I haven't married her yet. " said Basava.  "Hey, never marry a muslim girl. It is dangerous." said another colleague Ram. The four men at the table emptied two bottles of beers each. They ordered the third one. 

"Now a days software field is motor field. Marriage doesn't work out in this field. That is why I diverced my wife. ' said Manager Sarat. All people looked surprised. They never thought that the job can stand as a reason for divorce. Sarat continued "I am working in Cognizant and have been working here for 10 years. My first project in Cognizant, led by me, was a very tight scheduled project. I was spending more than 18 hours at office. And my colleagues too were spending equally so in my project. All because of the estimates. I did make a grave error in the estimate and that cost us all. I was the only one married in the team. And I am divorced now because I messed up the work-home life balance. Though there were a lot problems I would prefer to blame myself. I am still with Cognizant. 

Ram said " I joined six years ago. All my time is wasted. I am unable to move."

Why did you wait for six years when you did not like it? asked Basava.

It takes so long to understand what is happening in your life. When you loved Noor it took six months for you to confirm that she is also in love with you. She too took the same time. It is  not so easy. said Ram and continued 

Like many others I joined this company thinking that it is a software company. Data entry was the main part of the job. It's a contracting job and there is no guaranteed to be hired on permanently. Every three months they renew  your contract if they feel the need for it. 

No project here deals with algorithms, data structures or any computer technologies to develop a product as such things are only for Computer engineering companies It is a glorified call centre. I have not learnt anything useful except  how to waste time of 9–10 hours completely everyday . commutation takes 2 hours everyday due to  heavy traffic, so literally  13 hours waste everyday without doing anything. Whatever you studied 4 years of engineering is completely useless ,as even a 7th standard english School Kid who knows to speak english and who just knows to type/operate through keyboard is enough for this company. No one knows here anything called programming. 

Basava: Most of the employees simply show off as if they are working. There is no professionalism here Obviously other than developing your career, You will learn all non-sense things in life .Manager behaves as if he/she is God and for everything which you are doing you will be questioned ,You need to behave like a student obeying a strict teacher . They train you for 3 months in computer related technologies which is big brainwash and eye wash This company is not a software engineering company. All Indian SERVICE BASED companies like TCS, HCL, WIPRO,INFOSYS,TECH, MAHENDRA, L&T, MINDTREE, CAPGEMINI, VIRTUSA, NTT DATA, Sageeza,Accenture have same conditions. Especially if you are a CS enthusiast, even in your worst dreams you must not join this company. Go for product based real software engineering companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Uber and Rubrik 

Sarat : You are the only one who learned so much in so little time. Why are you hanging here. get out.

Basava: Yes, searching. Basava was looking around for fun( pretending to be searching) 

"He saw Agastya standing beside him. Oh! Agastya! have you heard everything!" asked Basava.

I am in not better position than you. In fact I am in a worse position in Tech Mahindra with a two year bond or money payment if I want to leave. I could not understand your situation before I joined the job.

"Brother nobody can understand the position of the software professionals before actually joining a company. The entire field is like this it is not your mistake. Times betrayed us." said Ram

Yes we are all sailing in the same boat. said Basava and Agastya in one tone and one voice. 

                                                                               ***

Manjusha Come out and see what I have bought for you. said Bharatavarsha.

Manjusha and Malini have come to the car parked at the gates of Ananda Nilayam. Kesava stood behind them looking admiringly at the car. "Hundai City car !!! Wonderful! " He said. I like the navy blue colour said Malini. " In the early days of our marriage your father bought the same colour saree." said Malini. How do you like it Manju? asked Varsha. Manjusha smiled sheepishly. She knew what it means. He is indirectly saying to return Vidisha's car. 

Manjusha wanted to ask " You mean to say that I have t return sister in law's car?"  but before she asked her mother said the same thing. " Return her car to Vidisha." Manjusha was hesitating to say yes. Bharatavarsha said " It will be an insult to return the car when Seshachalam comes to ask. Would you like it?" Manjusha was speechless. Radhamanohar flowers the lustre of the house  looked pale. 

Kesava bent his head down as he was unable to see Manjusha's feelings.  They walked in to the Manduva. Malini was about to prepare evening quota of coffee.  Manjusha said " Seshachalam is not a low minded man. He is high minded person disposed to serve people and he serves even cows" 

Bharatavarsha opened the newspaper and showed  picture showing the scuffle at Mata Nilayam gates. "What if they wrangled for admission?" asked Manjusha indignantly and impulsively.  "Seshachalam spoke rudely and sent away Venkatadri's neview. Venkatadri is Seshachalam's mentor and patron." Said Malini. "I know amma" said Manjusha. "What you don't know is when Venkatadri went to Mata nilayam Seshachalam closed gates on his face. "I am richer than you. Once upon a time you were the richest in the village. Now I am the richest. He said. You can understand his attitude. " Sadi Varsha.

"Syamala and Nandini are coming said Kesava." "I have asked them to come to Ananda Nilayam." Said Bharatavarsha. Syamala and nandini entered Anandanilayam "Good evening sir!" They both greeted Bharatavarsha. "Good evening ! Very glad to see both of you after a long time. Please sit side by side on the sofa like you sat in the class room. " Malini gave them water and coffee. You came at the coffee time. Take it nothing special. " Said Varsha when they were hesitating to take coffee. All received coffee. They sat together and had coffee. 

Bharatavarsha took the veena and sat on the mat. Nandini and Syamala also sat on the floor in front of him. Malini stood at the door and looking at her son. She redied all her senses to listen and enjoy the new composition on Saraswathi. Varsha began playing. Kesava forgot to get his Mrudanga. The song was so sweet that Manjusha , the festidious girl closed her eyes and listening keenly. Syamala, Malini Kesava were doing the same. Their spirits transcended the physical world and ecstasy surrounded them. Only Nandini was ogling at him. Afte the song was over Bharatavarsha gave Syamala a book Bhakthi Vijayam. What is this? She asked " It is a books of songs on Saraswathi for inner awakening. " said Varsha. Syamala took it happily. Varsha took the hands of Syamala and Nandini and connected them to each other. " I sould not see you disputing again. You should behave like good friends and sisters" They both nodded their heads. 

Nandini said to Bharatavarsha " Can I have a copy of Bhakthi Vijayam?" 

Bharatavarsha looked at Syamala. She twisted her mouth into three turns. 

Varsha and Malini were amused "Just now you said you are friends?" asked Varsha. 

"Okay give her. I have no problem." Said Syamala. Kesava clapped gleefully. Syamala and Nandini walked away. Bharatavarsha wanted to drop them by car but saw Parameswarrao waiting in car. Parameswarrao and Varsha greeted each other. Nandini also greeted her lecturer.  Parameswarrao opened the front door. Syamala being wife sat next to him. She looked at Nandini and smiled. Yes, She is guru's wife. Bharatavarsha opened the back door of the car.  Nandini got into the car. "Nandini is more tender she deserves more care." He said. " Why?" said Syamala from the window of the car.

You are a married person, Nandini is still  young damsel. Naturally elders should take responsibility. What do you say Paramesh? asked Varsha. He said "Yes, Yes" Bharatavarsha shut the door. Nandini smiled and the car moved. Bharatavarsha kept staring at the car until the car reached streetend and took turn. By the time he entered Vidisha had already entered the Ananda Nilayam. 

Varsha had surprise look at Vidisha. He opened his eyes wide and looked at Vidisha. What is this? How did you come? Jumped off the wall? asked Varsha. " You are not my teacher , nor I am your student. Your students have gone. I am your childhood friend." Said Vidisha.  

Have you seen everything? said Varsha.  "Yes" Said Vidisha. "With your Divya Drishti?" asked Varsha. You are doubting or insulting? asked Vidisha I have no doubt about the existance of soul and the power of your prediction.  Only a jealous or immature man downplays the production of sonnets but don't be immature to misuse power for fun or revenge. It will block your spiritual growth.  I think you don't mind to take back your car." said Varsha  " Keep it with you. That is a gift to Manjusha." said Vidisha. " Oh! Vidisha! This house can not accomodate two cars. Give it to Kesava, he is getting married. The newly wed couple can enjoy the car" said Malini jokingly.

" I don't have the need or I can afford to use such expensive cars. First I must marry my sister Parvathi only then can I get married. I am going to Ballipadu to see my sister." Said Kesava.

Bring parvathi here I will see a good groom for her. Said Bharatavarsha. Kesava agreed. Vidisha took her car and went back.  Malini gave Kesava a bag with clothes in it. " These clothes are for Parvathi. These sweets are for your aunt and you" She said and gave Kesava two bags. Varsha took Kesava by his new car to the bus stop.

                                                                       ***


No comments:

Post a Comment