Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Friday, April 8, 2022

Poems of life -22 sonnets

1. Poem

Things that are in life's rush concealed

or feelings in dullness of language buried 

are first by a poet clearly perceived

later by the reader's heart received

In poem's rare words they are poised

later in sweet rhythms they are voiced

Readers minds are by poems enlightened

Their hearts are by their motifs lightened 

In poem's light minds from darkness depart

poet's  thoughts fragrance to life impart 

( only a poet can explain the greatness of a poem)


2.Death 

When loneliness is life’s eternal complexity 

That leads to emptiness and perplexity

When future seems so dim and dreary

When the man in mirror makes self mockery

Death is a nose to soul 

to lose pain as a whole

Those who consider world a hell hole

Tend to look at death as a goal

if the world is so hellish

when man can't the world relish

When grief rules everyday life

When the life is filled with strife

Death is the exit to sufferance

A bold man's preference


3. The End  

The man who dies everyday 

with the fear of death, obeys

life and tells he's his part to play

If troubles with him play

If  life becomes so cold

The man gets  bold 

and goes for the gold

At new life's entrance 

comes chance of avoidance

when the deadly fear is stirred 

and the soul is deterred 

nothing on the earth 

is really worth. 


4.Desire

Don't say desire is base 

It is love's sweetest face

blame not the desire 

It's the fire you can't hire


without desire life is a brier 

It is the love's burning fire

that lasts until you're on bire 

Don’t ever think it is a mire


It plays your heart like a lyre

Making each nerve a burning wire

It dwells in youth's dreams

swells in love's streams


At the dusk of life it is low

without it life ends in sorrow








5.Lust

Lust is biggest human quest

it's the endless cellular thirst

A mortal's immortal quest

It is the restless inner thrust 


it pushes two bodies closer

with the power of a bulldozer

Even the darkness gets wet

with lust's labour's sweat 


Lust is like the earth's crust

without that love gathers rust

Lust is always wrapped in love

and lies hidden like knife in glove


Where is the platonic loe in flesh

Go tell foundlings in the creche


6.Freedom

Absolute freedom is a mere illusion

when you are enslaved by daily needs

survival demands disgraceful deeds

when you can't check other's intrusion

Freedom comes from relaxation 

But when you are ruled by greed

you must everybody heed

You can never check exploitation

You don't need lakhs and lakhs 

to sit at ease and relax

the exploitation will never end

All you need is courage to defend

Freedom is purely the soul's need 

It doesn't depend on material feed


   7. The Castle 

The bird of freedom 

can't fly with fractured wings

All it needs is wisdom

First remove the mental slings

Tears and prayers

Can not freedom offer

cut through fears and despairs

like an experienced chauffeur

Fears and cares are the locks

they often your mind blocks

See the world from your eyes

Or you must pay the price

O! Freedom where can I find

It is a castle built in your mind

              

              8. Heaven

 Where is the Heaven of eternal mirth

 What avail is the heaven after death?

The twinkling stars in the sky's closet

fade at the sight of  your bedecked bonnet

The soft vernal wind that oft blossoms kiss 

My lady's warm bossom brings longer bliss 

Let Heavens piss I don't her bossom miss

What avail is the heaven's berth?

when the heaven is not on the earth

Who knows Heaven after death?

My ladies curves my nerves serves

who care if the heaven pearls hurls!

Who's the fool to miss the seamless joys

on earth and make a shameless choice


          9.Conscience

At the dead of night when crickets cease

Why singest thou in my tired ears

plaintive tunes that arouse funeral fears  

stop the maddening the sound of geese


 Yesterday you played western tunes

 disturbing the resting souls in graves

 Here's a poor poet who for peace craves

 who to the world gave his precious boons

 He walked bare foot so long on thorns

Tonight he is cheerfully drest again

Enough of you dark dragon with horns 

why singest thou another song of pain

Stop dancing in long black tunic 

 Don't make him sick with gristly music 


10. Hopes  ( sonnet)

When I was young and tender 

I traveled on swelling slopes

sporting  tinted wings of hopes

and wander'd on clouds drifting asunder


Rainbow was my hiding place 

The redness of the evening sky 

My lover's cheeks blushed in shy

I enjoyed all my youthful days


All the youth that I cherished 

with transitory time  perished

I am left in green meadows

haunted by  hopes' shadows


I hear murdered hopes' weird rhyme 

How cruel is the testing time   14 


11.  Prime  - (AA BB rhyme)

Oh!  lovely newborn rose

your tender petals froze

in winter snow, who knows 

How  the snow bite goes 4


Silently you bore the brunt

Of your sickly conjugal stunt

for long you clung to the cactus bush

And lived like a lifeless mush  8


You have seen many a season 

Now came your love season

But the cactus called it treason

that caused your heart a lesion 12


Love is a blithesome spring

no matter how old or young 14


12. Flower life


Oh look at the lovely spring 

All flowers in meadows sing 

and swing with graceful zing 

the angels of god that bring


His grace, and outshines the king

their beauty and colour the queens sting

their beauty shines supreme

on verdant lawns by the stream


Flowers  enjoy their prime

merrily singing nature's rhyme

Short is the life but so divine

Those who wear their virtues shine


His golden dew falls on your golden hue

That's makes you youthful primrose new 14

    


13. Delicate mirth  - Sonnet

How many bonds thou art set around my heart

No lady in my life is as cherished as though art

How many hopes thy words have brought

They shake my heart  in loneliness apart


Thou art angel to whom my hopes belong

Thine image rich n splendid my life prolong

To make thou art my bride is my pride

For which though dost cried like a child


Thy moon light promises in my mind linger

Oh!  the moonlight increases my hunger

Thou art the form of ever delicate mirth  

Thy company literally makes my life worth  


I see thy smiles in this moonlit lake

I travelled miles and miles for your sake 14



14. If it deserves ( Heroic Sonnet)


I loved. Yes, It's you I loved 

I am sorry  I can’t say it aloud

you too loved me. I am proud

but sorry people are so crude


Their mouths are hunter’s bows

Their words are poisonous arrows

Don't ever go near their shadows

They bring all sorts of sorrows


When two people love, all are judges

they come up with all sorts of hedges

holding in mind persistent grudges

Their mind from tradition never budges


Once I the people questioned

they shot at me arrows thousand 

They shot arrows and arrows  

until they brought us sorrows


God in heavens reserves 

your bride if your love deserves. 18



15. Hitler's Heaven ( blank verse)

Hitler told Himmler 

Jews must not die simply 

they must die in agony. 

Load them in freight cars

Coat the floors with quicklime

which gives excruciating burns. 

said Himmler to Hitler. 

Freight cars came onto tracks 


They called freight cars final solution

but disguised it as mass deportation 

to the east. Deportation means death.

A top secret known to Hitler and a few.

The rest think that it is resettlement


The windowless cattle wagons 

the freight cars are frightening cars

were awaiting  the innocent jews

who knew not it was their last journey


Mass shootings , sending to ghettos

Forcing to concentration camps

All are synonymous to slow death 

The fastest being slowest freight train


No windows, they  move  slowly 

No food and no water literally 

Suffocation and body burns kill

It is a slow journey into hell 

when the train arrived at the camp

everyone was  already dead. 


16.  Eternal Hatred - (Heroic Sonnet)

No one knows why he hated jews 

No one knows the origin of his views

Historians too seldom have clues

But like venom he hated the jews

As an artist in his early life was a ditcher

He had drawn many a beautiful picture 

But turned himself into a gristly butcher

his Humanism was on stretcher 

He was committed to antisemitism

That turned out to be bloody vampirism 

With his oratory skills he spread it like fire

He was as crooked as general Dyer 12

 

When he was soldier Germany lost the war

It’s believed one lac Jews were false in war


They fought for their father land – Poland

He later got into politics in Deutschland  16


In the Second World War he realized his dream

of exterminating Jews with his holocaust scheme  18


17. Whore ( Heroic sonnet)

The public called me public woman

they publicly blame and defame

but privately covet my body for a game

They are secretly envious of my fame

I am the mother so helpless and dumb  

could not save the girl child in womb

I am the failed mother who killed son

without giving him timely medicine 


I am the woman who never weeps for the stars

I might have slept with a man who deals in stars

for my husband who wants a chance in films

not enough love and sleep, I quench master's whims 12


They call me with names whore bore and more

They love sex, demand woman do it as chore

In the game of man I am simply a pan

 I don't need a beautiful villa and a sedan  16


 All I need is a life without strife

I just  want to be a housewife.  18


18. Enlightened  (Heroic sonnet)

Hindu Christians Christian Hindus

and Indian Muslims are Friendly enemies

Each sect has its own constitution

that leads to eternal constipation


They live closely apart

They are partly together

wholly exist in their holes

and try to prove others fools


Each want others to be enlightened

They can't their own mind understand

Alas! mother tongue and mother land

don't appeal to them but they appeal


 to each other to love and learn

what they neither learned nor loved.

They can't themselves at least change

but  hope the entire world to change.


They all need a code uniform 

That can be the biggest reform  18


19. The Tigress and the rain drop  ( blank verse)

At the break of the day the hunter party 

began with drums and snares to catch

birds , boars  rabbits and weasels

They usually travel in labyrinthine paths

In the equatorial evergreen forest 

They move like ants in narrow paths

playing  the mystic rhythm of drums


The hunter party reached the riverside

The most crafty of all  laid the jaw trap 

with a hunk of bleeding flesh with strap


A naive tigress  the jungle resident

Unsuspecting of dangerous precedent

stepped  on the jaw trap and caught 


The tigress grasped her folly

The hunter caught her jolly

The party netted the tigress


It was neither a boar nor a rabbit

Catching a tigress is not their habit

The tigress was bleeding in the trap


But she has not lost all her hope

The played violent. the drums blared

The tigress is confused and stared


They poked her with sharp spikes 

Chocked her in net until sun set 

The clouds moved over head

The first rain drop fell on her head

The tigress  at once her fears shed


She growled with all her strength

And struggled her way out, at length

The hunters have lost their strength

The tigress escaped into the green forest   

But she still has the trap in the leg


Prodigious injuries austere tragedies 

villainous captivity and nasty calamity

Is all over. The hunter party has gone!!!


The tigress has the clear hope

One day she can throw the trap

She fondly remembers the rain drop


20.  Fairies hunt   ( slant rhyme )

Since long my senses insist

to find if fairies really exist

I set out on the witch hunt 

On dark and frightening night

The serpentine belt squealed

The lusterless olive jeep moved

The tyres are young and strong 

The yellow lights cut through fog

I have neither permission nor privilege

Perhaps searching for fairy is sacrilege 

I passed the brook, drove towards east 

The jeep was cutting through thick mist

There is neither house nor farmland 

 I reached wilderness, it is a waste land

The  veil of woods afar seems grand

In the headlights appears like a fairyland 

 I drove straight in the freakish weather

Of the frightening night I saw the crooked 

Wooden house with a rocky fountain in front

In fraction of second a creepy feeling crossed 

my mind that many a time I avoided the castle

I dreaded to enter when I visited last winter

Something eerie glows in the dreary castle

A mellifluous soprano voice! is it a throstle!

Is it my beloved friend Farrago Francesca ?

Pity!  I couldn’t my lips open and ask her!

Why Fernando do you deserve a fairy?

 My questioning conscience looked scary 

I kicked open the creaking wooden doors 

I wandered fearlessly in the empty rooms

Sweet Francesca my heart your hand woos

I have n't found fairies but vanquished fears

If you ask me to wait for you I say cheers

I have the eternal hope I can wait for years


21. Her memories  ( AA BB rhyme)

I was walking  the vista

remembering the fiesta 

amid the charming blue hills

watching the nature's thrills

I was climbing uphill 

Down there I see a windmill 

The foot paths are winding

The trees are spellbinding


Slowly the sun lowered 

The heavens rumbled 

The clouds gently poured

The rain I always adored


Up in the sky the clouds brewed

Her sweet  memories rained 

Her memories are sweet first time 

They are sweeter every time

Her touch still feels and fills thrills


22. Eternal  (slant rhyme)

I close my eyes and wonder

What if my eyes close for ever

And  never see the dawn

What if I am forever gone

My bones turn into dust

That flies in the air falls in the river

On the peepal tree under people’s feet

Where is my presence what is the essence

Of my verses do you give me curses

Who am I ? a crumpled picture of shattered dreams?

How long can I stick to your fading memory?

How long can you my verses admire

when your dreams drown in quagmire

 you and I strolled in the cool amber

full moon night in yellow splendor

There the wind my songs chant

 the stars your memories haunt

I am monumental, verbal and eternal

In the blowing air and flowing river

Far away from the loathsome world 



6 comments:

  1. These poems are very nice. Castle in mind is motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Who's the motivation behind the entire work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Krishna showed the universe to his mother in his mouth. You are showing the universe to readers through your blog. Only a poet can explain the greatness of a poem. Observation, Education, Motivation are the qualities of great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When death is a matter of choice ,either you are too brave(like soldiers on the front) or too coward(to face realities of life)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poet can only catches the mentality of the people and reflects them to the people the people through a beautiful poem. These poems can change the mindset of the person with out any negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautifully presented with perfect rhyming 👍

    ReplyDelete