Eazy Foreign Languages

This blog is about German and French Language in Vijayawada. Articles, poems, songs and experiences of poolabala

Monday, April 18, 2022

Wild thoughts - 10 sonnets

Wild does not mean cruel or harmful. Wild means not domesticated or not cultivated. Generally people express their harsh feelings smoothly. They replace their harsh words with soft words. They use domesticated or cultivated language. Wild thoughts  represent the actual feelings using to punch on the truth. However  Wild thoughts are marked by decent and enjoyable language. 
 
 

1. Who am I ?


I am neither Petrarch nor Spenser

Believe or not my rhyme is denser

Like Collins I write not American Sonnet

I have my own brain under my bonnet 

 

I have my own country

My poesy needs no tenantry

I admire john Keats

but I wear my own boots

 

Oh! words worth!  my words are worth

My nature to my poems gives birth

I remember none but Homer 

because he helps me stay calmer   


 

I am as good as a seer

I am an Indian sonneteer

 


     2. Kick the Love  ( Sonnet)


When the time's unrelenting scythe  is looking at me to mow

Sitting in shadow of my misunderstood love

How long can I in love's chains remain?

How long can I this pain sustain?


To mend my aching heart's hole

Should  I forget my love's goal 

My heart seeks pleasure

at least in a small measure


My mind needs leisure 

That is my life's treasure

When the evil fate my life's length deplete

Can I my hope's strength replete?


when my love doesn't give me kick

I kick my love that makes me sick   14



    3.Queen Victoria


Your mom called you jasmine

She never knew that could be a sin

Your dad called you little princess

It was a lie, later he did confess


the school sang the same rhyme

but life did n't give you a dime

Your  mirror has showed the truth

but your eyes saw only the myth


when your parents perished

that cult has fast vanished 

why you with queen Victoria compare

when you know the truth, stop there


you don't know perhaps life in Syria 

is not sadder than that of Victoria



      4. Kind seductress     


A cold chill passes across their spine

when men see your beauty shine

A few steps that you everyday walk 

leaves leering men in profound shock


the path you walked becomes beauty's shrine

The men shocked drink your beauty's wine

you pass like a breeze and move like a wave

you appear like a sparkling lightning wave


You are a marble sculpture gilded in gold

very soon men might come into your fold

restaurants, gardens wherever you hang

your beauty's goes with  a loud bang 


 Many a kind seductress provokes the folks

 beauty's use is not to feed hungry men's looks


                       

                5.Burn the Fern

     When the silver screens display vulgar filth

     when the small screens tell tales of hatred

     when crooked people in power run after wealth

     in dark but wear an angle's face in their day-trade


     Who on behalf of the cursed children discern

     who can show concern and fight for their defense 

     Enough of media's pretense and fake social concern 

     when the stray dogs command cinema making chance


     When the nasty celebrities shine at nation's expense

     and leave no chance to endorse in foreign defense

     in the din the entertainment stealing brains is no offence

     My poem's stand for the country's defense


     and inspire men of character to burn the fern 

     Be stern until the devils to the grave return

    

     6.My Birthplace


Vaddadi lies amid lawless hills 

that offers  raw forest thrills

My ancestral home was on the hillock 

A huge palace  gone into ill-luck


A hundred steps below lies the riverbed

on both east and west banks spread

the village with small houses similar

it's a primitive village scene familiar 


Once the river water was fresh 

the village had tree cover lush

once we heard the water's rush

After fifty years it became a drainage flush 


with no trace of grass, at dismal verge

the nature sings distressing dirge



            7.The witch


In the shanty town near the tank

where people usually drank

Beside the cinema there is a  hut

There sits a woman who looks like a slut


She is a rich witch with a terrible face

Strange beads like eyes body full of gold

In several weird ways she treats each case

People think " Is witchcraft a reality?"


They instantly think  of practicality 

A boy victimized by black magic was brought

by a group of people who the remedy sought

She stuck needles to the boy's body, began chanting


 Her gold chain was stolen  needles dropped down  the boy's pain fled 

Outside the hut the thief found dead in a pool of blood


              8.My wish 

I wish I had the qualities of a flower 

sweet fragrance even for an hour

I wish I had acquired the tree's power

 great strength to stand like a tower


I wish I had the qualities of a mountain

vastness to the edge of the doom maintain

why sh'd I ever be a flower, mountain and tree

while I am right now all the three


My poems are flowers 

let readers enjoy their fragrance

My works are as strong as trees

They stand strong with tall peaks


My fame should be like mountain vast

Till the end of the time it should last


9.The most beautiful flowers


Poems are the most beautiful flowers

They bloom on poet's imaginative powers

poets are the gardeners and growers 

But readers are their rightful owners


They steal the colors of vowels and consonants

They touch the hearts of readers across continents

Poems are the flowers that neither wilt nor die

Poems enrich reader's feelings with beautiful dye 


The tender flowers bring splendour to marriage

They also render the bride's royal personage

They decorate the path of the final journey 

And shower fragrance of peace in the ceremony 


They play readers by pulling their heart's cords

 And leave with them everlasting rewards.


                IF ( sonnet)

If you can love the tall fig and the tiny bug

If you love your coffee mug and woolen rug

If you can love the silver keg and crooked leg

If you can love pet dog and forest hog 


If you can forget your job's income

If you can forget your love's outcome

If you can forget thinking and start drinking

and don't care even when your life is stinking


If you can wait for your love to bloom

If you can wait until it removes your gloom

If you can wait until your doom

yet don't blame anybody and go to tomb


Yours is the real love, you loved so much

Even devils don't dare to touch  14



5 comments:

  1. You have your own thoughts.
    You are an individual
    Your words are worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. All poems are good. But no comments on kick the love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cultivated language showed the reality like a mirror in the poem queen Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it is mentioned in the poem 'My wish' your poems are really like flowers🌸and we are absolutely enjoying their fragrance.

    ReplyDelete